Hesitation when cold, injector problem?

97cobraheaven

Established Member
Ok, I have new 9mm ford wires and new autolite 764s and the coil packs i have tested and are good. this improved the miss i was having. Now when the car is first started up it will idle fine and rev just fine but when load is on her and you try to get on it, she just hesitates. like she is getting a lot of air and no fuel or vice versa. Now, after about 5 minutes of just driving and letting her warm up, it goes away or atleast is not very noticable. The book says injectors or an ignition problem... what do you guys think? how do i check my injectors? fuel filter is less than a year old. i have some codes that i pulled but dont have the list with me.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I have the same problem, when I just start it up, and its cold, if i get to 3 k it hesatates a little....

fullofvenom

Established Member
same here. if its not fully warmed up, it doesn't like to open the secondaries. in reality, though, you shouldn't be getting above even 2k if its not warmed up.

i've experimented with this. if you let it warm up, its fine. let it warm up.

jstn0127

Established Member
IAC vavle... Idle Air Control. Mine was doing the same thing so I took it off cleaned it out and it ran good. Its starting to do it again so I may buy a new one. They are pretty cheap from ford. I've also noticed it doesnt do it with prem. fuel.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
its not a slight hesitation, its a serious bog... floor it and it just falls on its face. im not talkin like its 30* out. its 80+ degrees so its not that cold, but something just is not hot yet. i will try cleaning the IAC but i seriously doubt thats my problem. it does come back at times once it is warm.

KotnmthKng

Established Member
I have almost the same problem. It also does it after I drive for a long time. Usally if I drive awhile, park for about an hour, then start to drive again it does it right away.

Im not getting a CEL, is there still a way to pull codes?

Also I just drove from Virginia to Chicago 13 hours and it was fine the whole time. That was 3 weeks ago, now Im going from Chicago to San Diego and today I drove 8 hours it was ok but seemed just a little rough. Then after that it got real bad, it would bog very bad and if I took it out of gear it would usally die. Finally got to a hotel, but Im worried about a 10-12 hour drive tomorrow.

Anything I can check in the morning?

turbonotch

It's quiet ;)
Established Member
mine does it too, but it's intermittent rather hot or cold. Maybe you should try cleaning your MAF?

KotnmthKng

Established Member
I have cleaned the the MAF, IAC, changed plugs, fuel filter.

The wires are pretty new I think, they are FRPP 9mm's that came with the car and its only got 31k miles.

What could work fine for 8 hours straight, then start acting up?

Users who are viewing this thread