hey everyone, new to the site

azure mach

Established Member
i have a 2003 mach 1, tossing around the idea of going FI when tax return in :-D, but thinking about holding off until i get forged internals. Right now it's mostly stock except a few exterior mods to set it apart from the stock mach - 99 cobra bumper, black 17x9 and 17x10.5 DD bullitts, and a borla catback.
here's a pic, sorry about the quality working with a old cell phone at the moment.
bridgemach.gif

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Hey welcome and great looking Mach! I would put my $.02 in and suggest forging the block first from personal experience. But plenty of guys are throwing blowers on around 8psi and hold for the most part. More pictures man!

azure mach

Established Member
Thanks guys! My first thought was to forge the internals first, but then I started reading up on everyone thats doing a conservative tune on 8psi and everything holding fine.and nice 03 cobra bumper, i'm guessing your FI with those HP/TQ numbers, jesus! lol how much did it cost you total to get forged internals ? mines a 5spd by the way

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
haha thanks, yea well im on my 3rd engine now... 1st engine was a eaton swap at 8psi. rod knock 8k miles later. 2nd was a terminator shortblock with my Mach heads that lasted 700 miles, and now im on my 3rd with a new engine from Ford that is a terminator engine under ford warranty. So yea forged internals are good now lol and those numbers were breaking in the new engine from my tuner at 500miles on it. So maybe its loosened up a bit and making more now.

btw here was a recent picture after testing the new engine out and the 345s at a show haha
229483_1745360319060_1390320150_31687548_2843259_n.gif

azure mach

Established Member
haha thanks, yea well im on my 3rd engine now... 1st engine was a eaton swap at 8psi. rod knock 8k miles later. 2nd was a terminator shortblock with my Mach heads that lasted 700 miles, and now im on my 3rd with a new engine from Ford that is a terminator engine under ford warranty. So yea forged internals are good now lol and those numbers were breaking in the new engine from my tuner at 500miles on it. So maybe its loosened up a bit and making more now.

btw here was a recent picture after testing the new engine out and the 345s at a show haha

hahah nice :rockon:
and damn only 700 on the termi shortblock ? how did you get all the pieces for the eaton swap? That's the route i wanna go, but there's just so many it seems like it would be a headache. I see you raised your shaker, did you use a spacer or just unscrewed the bolts a bit?

Explosive

Established Member
Nice Mach ! I'd say forge it first if you want big numbers. Otherwise a stock setup eaton would work.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member

First off, cool picture.

Second, to the OP, nice Mach. You picked the fastest color too! :rockon:

MachBlurr and I can both tell you how much it sucks to have had to deal with putting in 2 different engines. It's no fun.

With that, be sure you build the engine first, then you'll be set.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
hahah nice :rockon:
and damn only 700 on the termi shortblock ? how did you get all the pieces for the eaton swap? That's the route i wanna go, but there's just so many it seems like it would be a headache. I see you raised your shaker, did you use a spacer or just unscrewed the bolts a bit?

yea ridiculous and the shop who sold me the block didn't stand behind their word and warranty it. I ended up doing an eaton swap with a guy who wanted to go turbo on his cobra, swapped all the parts cash on top and we did it in his driveway over a week. Definately alot of parts, however there are some kits that are being developed to use some existing parts from the Mach setup to incorporate the eaton. Id check Mach 1 registry for specifics. As for the shaker I was part of a group by about a year and a half ago and bought a 1inch shaker spacer that goes under the shaker hat and in between the rubber thing that seals the hood. Awesome and its still function as it cools the blower.
First off, cool picture.

Second, to the OP, nice Mach. You picked the fastest color too! :rockon:

MachBlurr and I can both tell you how much it sucks to have had to deal with putting in 2 different engines. It's no fun.

With that, be sure you build the engine first, then you'll be set.

thanks, and yea forge it if you want numbers!

azure mach

Established Member
Thanks guys and i guess it's settled then and i'm going to invest in some forged pistons and rods. Anybody know how much they run + install ?

Users who are viewing this thread