Hey guys

sweetstang

Established Member
Hey new here, I just bought an 01 cobra white with a tan top. The car is completely stock, and the suspension is killing me! I cant stand the 4x4 look. what Is the best and most cost effective way to lower these? I have been reading good things on H&R springs. I am not new to mustangs, just new to the cobra and IRS. I had a 99gt vert. I had air ride on it, Also had an 06gt with BMR full suspension. This is not my daily driver, but I would like it to ride nice. any help with pics would be appreciated.

Ahrabli1420

TDs and Beer
Established Member
I have Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 03 cobra convertible. The ride is smooth but responsive and the stance is awesome :thumbsup: I had a little rubbing issue on the drivers inner fender plastic dust shield, but that was due to a defect in the plastic. I'd also recommend MM CC plates, a strut tower brace, and welded sub frame connectors. I replaced it and no more rubbing. I'm sorry I didn't load a picture; I am awaiting the administrator's help to enable that feature. Once they do I will post some pics. FYI - there's a ton of threads with pictures about which type of lowering spring to go with.

green99_svt

Established Member
I don't think you can go wrong with the h&r or the eibach springs. I have the eibach pro kit and I am very satisfied, they have been on my car for nearly 10 years and sits and rides the same since day 1. I believe the h&r sports sit a bit lower.

john_anch_ak

I put Steeda Sport springs and Koni adjustable shocks on my '99 Cobra, made a huge difference in ride and response, plus got rid of the 4x4 look. I also installed MM camber/caster and bump steer kit and that also helps.
Next I want to buy MM coilover kit but don't have the money!

ImRambo

Established Member
Ive had all kinds of setups. Fav by far has been my HR races. No isos all around. 5/6 of a coil cut off the front (Yes, I cut progressives) Bilsteins in the rear.

Ahrabli1420

TDs and Beer
Established Member
Eibach pro kit with isos in top front only.
d1cy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sweetstang

Established Member
Ive had all kinds of setups. Fav by far has been my HR races. No isos all around. 5/6 of a coil cut off the front (Yes, I cut progressives) Bilsteins in the rear.
Any pictures of your car? so you have the stock struts in the front? Thanks for all the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread