Hey, HTT: Where's the GT500 Convertible???

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
If I decide to get a GT500 I may go with a convert this time. I probably wont buy one when they first come out anyway so a delayed production start of the convert is fine with me.

earl lee

Established Member
The thing is already going to weigh about 3800 pounds, now with a vert and you lard asses its going to tip over 2 tons, sheesh.

My 95 9c1 caprice weighs 2tons but that is a big 4 door sedan. I dont understand why this thing is so ****in heavy.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
earl lee said:
The thing is already going to weigh about 3800 pounds, now with a vert and you lard asses its going to tip over 2 tons, sheesh.

My 95 9c1 caprice weighs 2tons but that is a big 4 door sedan. I dont understand why this thing is so ****in heavy.

Not to nit pick, but a ton weighs 2240 pounds, you are off by about 15% or 680 pounds!!!

A vert will probably weigh in at 3800 lbs, not the hardtop. No featherweight, but 2 tons? No way...

Not flaming, just observing...

miatafreak

Banned
well htt said the cobra will weigh 350lbs more than the gt. the gt weighs 3500. 3500+350=3850lbs and that just the damn hardtop. the convertible gt weighs 165lbs more than the gt hardtop. so you add that 165 to what the cobra hardtop weighs and you get 4015lbs. that is insane. i don't think the lightning even weighs that much.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
We should get alot more info in the next 3 months or so. I still hear that a 'vert will be offered for the 1st year of production, and it looks hopeful as 2 different 'vert mules have been seen- 1 red, 1 white. Keeping my fingers crossed... ;-)

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Please add a non-invasive roll system. Every other high performance vert has one. A 500 hp convertible without one would be incredibly irresponsible.

Whiskey City

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Not to nit pick, but a ton weighs 2240 pounds, you are off by about 15% or 680 pounds!!!...snip...

Ummm...Crispy, on Earth a Ton = 2000 lbs. :read:

crisp23c said:
Not flaming, just observing...
Me too.

The GT500 vert will be a LARD ASS but who cares!! Toppless RULES! :rockon:

Carry on.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Whiskey City said:
Ummm...Crispy, on Earth a Ton = 2000 lbs. :read:

Actually, you're both right. There's a "long ton" and a "short ton". One US Ton = 2,000 lbs. However, a Metric Ton = 1,000kg = 2,204 lbs.

So both of you stop nitpicking... :beer:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Thanks, HTT, thanks, Whiskey...

See whiskey City? I'm tall, so I had to use a long ton! ;-)
Ha,ha...no harm, no foul.

And , since I started this bitch thread, thank you, HTT. Put this ragtop into 1st year production (I am 1st on my dealer's list, my choice--vert, if they make it, or H-top). Need the vert. :burnout: :beer:

USC BME

Established Member
In regards to the lightning weight comment, I believe I read some where it is about 4600 lbs or 2 1/4 tons. Considering the weight of the Triton 5.4L, the way SVT tuned the balance & handling on my truck is unbelievable. I had a rear tire blow-out going 100+ mph, barely felt it, and slowed to a stop not realizing I was only on 3 wheels. :dw:

I read somewhere that in driving the prototype, they are having trouble hooking up the rear tires for a good 0-60 time because of the torque & weight distribution (57/43). In light of the weight of the new 5.4L, I was thinking that the extra 150+ lbs (negligible in a 450+ muscle car) would help the balance & weight distribution. :thumbsup:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
USC BME said:
In regards to the lightning weight comment, I believe I read some where it is about 4600 lbs or 2 1/4 tons. Considering the weight of the Triton 5.4L, the way SVT tuned the balance & handling on my truck is unbelievable. I had a rear tire blow-out going 100+ mph, barely felt it, and slowed to a stop not realizing I was only on 3 wheels. :dw:

I read somewhere that in driving the prototype, they are having trouble hooking up the rear tires for a good 0-60 time because of the torque & weight distribution (57/43). In light of the weight of the new 5.4L, I was thinking that the extra 150+ lbs (negligible in a 450+ muscle car) would help the balance & weight distribution. :thumbsup:

Great! Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead??? :p edit: let's keep that to 125 lbs, thanks! :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread