Hey NAVY, Coasties going to SEAL program.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Imagine that. Coasties serving on SEAL teams. The Coast Guard is expanding bigtime. We have had Coasties on Navy ships conducting boardings protecting US interests for a long time. Now we will have Coasties serving on SEAL teams. I am too old but what an opportunity for the young guys.

King$nake

Banned
Your wording makes it confusing. Coast Guard serving on SEAL Teams? You mean Coast Guard will be assisting SEAL Teams on Operations? Coast Guard in Afghanistan, right.

Too bad they won't ever get to wear a trident unless they complete BUD/s and SQT.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Your wording makes it confusing. Coast Guard serving on SEAL Teams? You mean Coast Guard will be assisting SEAL Teams on Operations? Coast Guard in Afghanistan, right.

Too bad they won't ever get to wear a trident unless they complete BUD/s and SQT.

I didn't word it wrong. You read it right the first time. Coasties going to BUDS and assigned to the teams. So yes they get the trident. Its a 7 year commitment to the Teams.

http://www.uscg.mil/cgpc/epm/AO/Seals.asp

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll be heading to Crane for a couple weeks in Sep. I'll ask the fellas about it.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
IMO, if anybody can pass the tortures of BUD/s, regardless of Branch, they deserve the utmost respect (Same for all SF Training)
i agree buddy

isnt that the Hell Week stuff? that shit is crazy!

yes. I had a few seal friends when i was in the navy and had a few friendsthat applied and failed. It is the baddest group on the planet and the seal team only takes the strongest. there would never be a woman in the group like that one movie:rockon:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
One of my childhood friends is a Commander in the seals, he's been in for 20 years. That shit changed his personality and his life.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Any branch can go into the SEALs. Its a lateral move. SF, Force Recon, and PJs are branch specific.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
i retract my last. i am in the army and had wanted to be a SEAL and that was some bad info that was given to me a long time ago. i just researched it and couldnt find anything about it but would have to talk to a recruiter to be sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread