Hi everyone, first time Cobra owner here!

01SVTBill

Established Member
Hello everyone, just thought I would make a quick post to introduce myself (hopefully in the right place). I recently bought a 2001 Cobra with 90k miles, after falling in love with it after the test drive. It seems to be a solid car, no rust, clean interior, and runs nicely. I have previously owned 2 Thirdgen Camaros, an 84 Z28 and an 87 IROC-Z. I have also owned a 94 Trans Am. So, this is my first Ford.

If anyone has any sage advise or can point me to some good beginner's sticky posts I would greatly appreciate it.

The only things that make me nervous about the car so far is a slight rattling sound at idle only when warming up and a very quiet, intermittent chirp at idle that goes away when the clutch is in.

Looking forward to learning all I can about the car before I take it out of stock form. Would post some pics, but I'm not sure how! Clueless, I know :(

01SVTBill

Established Member
Thanks guys! I will definitely check out the sticky posts and learn how to post some pictures. The throw out bearing makes sense, I will have to look into that a bit more.

01SVTBill

Established Member
The first thing I did was change it, I will definitely be checking it very often the first few months to learn more about the car, see if it burns any, all that good stuff. Thanks for the advice!

01yellercobra

Established Member
The first thing I did was change it, I will definitely be checking it very often the first few months to learn more about the car, see if it burns any, all that good stuff. Thanks for the advice!
Did you put in at least 6 quarts? Preferably 7.

Users who are viewing this thread