Hi im planning on getting SVTF

lowproki

Established Member
Hi, my friend has a friend thats trying to get rid off his 2003 SVTF because he can't pay all his bills. So hes looking to give it to someone that can finish paying it off i might take it off his hands if acctually does that. So i was looking at intakes already lol....... even dohhh i don't have the car i went into steeda performance and i saw a nice looking intake do u guys now if it fits. I know its not worth the extra money but the car is a SVT so i want name brand parts to make it look nice u know the one im talking about is the one that looks like a square and has a S on it . I have a honda powered by ebay lol.......... Thanks to the people that will help

Ohh almost fogot does pretty much everything for 2.0L engine in the ZX3 fit the SVT meaning performance whise? (sorry for spelling)

Last edited:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
The throttle body placement on the SVT is specific, so the intake must also be. Great car by the way, get it ASAP! E-

lowproki

Established Member
Thanks for ur help i want to get it bad but he hasen't answer hes phone he works two jobs so don't know when hes break is. But i wanted to know if their's lots of performance things that u can put i can't seem to find alot. Yeah i konw it would be easier to put a supercharger but i want bolt-on only. I only find parts for the ZX3 not a lot for the SVT i have seen all the focus web sites u guys have. So does the ZX3 performance parts fit in this engine because isn't it the same engine the only thing differrent is parts on the head.

Primaris

Established Member
With all the bolt-ons for the SVTF you would gain about 10 to 15 WHP. There aren't any real bottle necks to be uncorked on the SVTF.

lowproki

Established Member
Dammit then i think im just putting intake and color hoses for looks i don't want to go overbored with this car because it's going to be my family car if I get it

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Good Luck on getting the SVTFocus Bro, they run pretty strong stock, but not a true Drag car (even though thats all I do) lol.... I have more fun on the back-roads anyway (tight built machine) Keep us posted, so we can congadulate you when you get it :)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

lowproki

Established Member
Well i did not get that dudes SVTF but i did went out to get one from the dealer for 12,000 used with 32,432 miles. With all the ad-ons moonroof, control traction, Premium Sound, Alloy wheels, Heated seats, and the HID lights i forget what else but runs like a champ. Im planning on getting a intake and that predator unit to tune it

lowproki

Established Member
I do have one problem it back fires a little sometimes loud and somtimes just normal. Im taking it to the dealer tomorrow is this something normal or what?

Primaris

Established Member
Off throttle poping is normal. It's not because of the headers, it is because of the way the car is tuned. Heck, with the SRT-4 they went throught the troubble of adding off throttle poping to the tune.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
Good Luck on getting the SVTFocus Bro, they run pretty strong stock, but not a true Drag car (even though thats all I do) lol.... I have more fun on the back-roads anyway (tight built machine) Keep us posted, so we can congadulate you when you get it :)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"
Hay now, this car drag races just fine, much better then most V8s at the track. lol ha ha ha.

But yea, Congrats!!!, these cars are the shit for a little 2.0 4 banger.

Last edited:

lowproki

Established Member
Man i raced a 2000 civic SI with headers, Intake, and strait pipe like nothing he was steping on it all te way and was beside him doing gas brake gas brake like nothing i was cracking up lol.................

Users who are viewing this thread