WANTED: Hi need a cobra crank, HELP!

alex/svt10

Established Member
Hi i need a cobra crank mine is damaged, somebody has one need it in standard?

Attachments

• IMG_5525.jpeg
    IMG_5525.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 58

Badaz01

Established Member
Yea might be tough to find one standard. I’ll ask my engine guy Monday maybe he knows of one. Btw the 350 is lookin sick AF.

BJCobra99

Established Member
I just searched ebay for cobra crankshaft and I see one 1997 cobra crank for 750+ shipping. Those 96-04 cobra crankshafts are all the kellog forged one. You could also search for a manual transmission 03-04 mach 1 crank and those are forged too but not the automatic Machs. Good luck!

alex/svt10

Established Member

wildturkey

Established Member
You will need to find a good machinist to prep your block for the pistons and they would need to be ordered from MMR pistons
or DSS
the factory
There are lots of choices for rods as the 5.933 length is used, H beam, I beam, Coyote Boss rod CR3Z-6200-B are a good choice for N/A or mildly boosted and they are still only $35 each.
I've got a large file I could send about my kit. I tried to attach to this forum but they said it was to large.

Read ya later, Nick

alex/svt10

Established Member
Just get a new Manley Crank they're USA forged
Are the manley good as the oem or even better? Just curious, im building this second engine to have a spare but dont want to cut corners. Budget is 9k i have the teksid block machined and ready just need a crank hoping to build it to at least 700/800hp

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Are the manley good as the oem or even better? Just curious, im building this second engine to have a spare but dont want to cut corners. Budget is 9k i have the teksid block machined and ready just need a crank hoping to build it to at least 700/800hp
I just put one in as recommended by RGR. One of the top builders in the country for my 2000+hp rated engine. Only better is a billet crank. He said he loves oem but that the Manley is just as strong.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Hi i need a cobra crank mine is damaged, somebody has one need it in standard?
I have one out of my 04 Mach1 5 speed but it also needs to be machined, it spun two rod bearings.

I was going to have it turned for over size bearing but decided to build a forged motor instead with a 5.0 Manley stroker kit from mod max.

Last edited:

Badaz01

Established Member
found this on Facebook market place. It didn’t specify if it was oversized but from the look of description it might be what you are looking for.
935FB39A-82AB-4E38-B48F-0A4F4943060A.png

Users who are viewing this thread