HID aftermarket replacements bulbs

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Anyone know who makes HID replacement bulbs for the 13+?

Id like to upgrade mine to 6k to match the Fogs.

I remember a thread a while back but has any new manufac step up and made bulbs?

thnxxx:beer:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
D3S bulbs. Either order through Ford or DDM Tuning is the only other place to get them.

I personally would do 5000K.

scott_0

Established Member
thank you sir! I just ordered my 13 retrofits and plan on trying to match my lower CS fogs to the hids

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
thanks ill check those out!

so you think the oem fogs are closer to 5k vs 6k

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
thanks ill check those out!

so you think the oem fogs are closer to 5k vs 6k
I read somewhere the fogs are around 5700K or something like that. I think it was noted on a Facebook post by The Retrofit Source.

I would rather have the headlights "whiter" than the fog lights simply because the fogs will be drown out by the headlights. Having "bluer" headlights will make the fogs appear as hot spots.

Essentially, white fades into blue easier than blue fades into white.

kona12

Established Member
you can get replacements cheap around 30 -35 bucks theyre very inexpensive , around here in NYC usually have a few local shops with them

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
you can get replacements cheap around 30 -35 bucks theyre very inexpensive , around here in NYC usually have a few local shops with them
Replacement bulbs I assume is what you are talking about?

If though HIDs are cheap, I would still rather know I am pay for a decent quality product than what most "custom" shops carry and charge.

DDM Tuning has good products. Although they can be hit or miss sometimes, they are still decent as compared to what's out there.

I wish TRS would offer some D3S bulbs.

kona12

Established Member
Replacement bulbs I assume is what you are talking about?

If though HIDs are cheap, I would still rather know I am pay for a decent quality product than what most "custom" shops carry and charge.

DDM Tuning has good products. Although they can be hit or miss sometimes, they are still decent as compared to what's out there.

I wish TRS would offer some D3S bulbs.
,,HID are so cheap nowadays they are Dime a dozen out here in NYC theyre quality for shops are all good and buy right over the counter no interenet aswell as leds, Ive had mine on my car for 2yrs as well on my wife's car and my motorcycle 3yrs still going. if you like I can get you set hit me on A pm, I personally dont use DDM always had issues with friends on internet purchases.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
,,HID are so cheap nowadays they are Dime a dozen out here in NYC theyre quality for shops are all good and buy right over the counter no interenet aswell as leds, Ive had mine on my car for 2yrs as well on my wife's car and my motorcycle 3yrs still going. if you like I can get you set hit me on A pm, I personally dont use DDM always had issues with friends on internet purchases.

I only had one problematic instance with DDM, in which I had a set of bulbs come to me and not match. Didn't mess with sending back for a new pair so I sold them to some HS kid with a 300ZX. :lol:

DDM is hit or miss.

kona12

Established Member
I only had one problematic instance with DDM, in which I had a set of bulbs come to me and not match. Didn't mess with sending back for a new pair so I sold them to some HS kid with a 300ZX. :lol:

DDM is hit or miss.
NP gotcha I just get them locally not to deal with mail orders

Users who are viewing this thread