HID Conversion question..please come in

SICKBOY

Established Member
looking to go with a kit from http://cqlight.ca any one running these kit please advise which kit i'll need. After reading through tons of post 6.5k seems to be the optimal choice for my application...anyone running 8k have any heat issue with the stock housing....please don't post if you have nothin to useful to add. thanx

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive bought kits for my truck and for several people in my family from them. Go with the 8k. You're going to get a bunch of people saying in here that you are going to be blinding oncoming traffic and that its useless without the special housing. Believe me when I say, you dont blind anyone and they light up the road like no other. And for the price that they have them going for, its a really good deal.

04MC

Established Member
I have been running 4500K kit for couple months no problem.

SICKBOY

Established Member
FleeMan said:
Ive bought kits for my truck and for several people in my family from them. Go with the 8k. You're going to get a bunch of people saying in here that you are going to be blinding oncoming traffic and that its useless without the special housing. Believe me when I say, you dont blind anyone and they light up the road like no other. And for the price that they have them going for, its a really good deal.

cool so your have not noticed and adverse heat warpage to your housing in the L with the 8k's ...Hopefully a terminator owner will chime in who know what kit i need from these guys

SICKBOY

Established Member
04MC said:
I have been running 4500K kit for couple months no problem.

which kit do i need to get? as far as part number i'm still undecided on heat range

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive had them on for a year all ready, no problems whatsoever. Your headlight would be a 9007 kit.

SICKBOY

Established Member
cool brother i'll order now you got any good pix of yours illuminated down a dark road i can check out

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Nah bro, sorry. But I can honestly tell you that Ive put them on 3 different cars and on each one they light up the road great. You wont be dissappointed.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
FleeMan said:
Believe me when I say, you dont blind anyone and they light up the road like no other. And for the price that they have them going for, its a really good deal.

Right, so thats why there are thousands of complaints about this shit setup online. They dont blind anyone.... but they are now illegal in many states due to clowns that install hid kits in HALOGEN housings where they dont belong.

If a person puts these in anything but a HID or Projector housing then they are a moron and contribute to the RICE plague.

SICKBOY

Established Member
JSpeed said:
Right, so thats why there are thousands of complaints about this shit setup online. They dont blind anyone.... but they are now illegal in many states due to clowns that install hid kits in HALOGEN housings where they dont belong.

If a person puts these in anything but a HID or Projector housing then they are a moron and contribute to the RICE plague.

nice you love these threads man as you post in all of them..projectors look like F*ck period .. And it's no more rice then your m3 lookin slots on your quarter panel so i fail to see how your opinion on rice holds any value to me???

Last edited:

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
I put an 8k set up in my wifes car. She loves them.
IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

M3 grills on a Mustang........:xpl:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
SICKBOY said:
nice you love these threads man as you post in all of them..projectors look like F*ck period .. And it's no more rice then your m3 lookin slots on your quarter panel so i fail to see how your opinion on rice holds any value to me???

BURN!!

dun4791

Established Member
I have 10K high/lows and 10K fog bulbs too. No heat issues. Go with the 8K if you drive often at night.

dun4791

Established Member
Tri-pod look into the fogs too, really finishes the look.

JSSpeed- I may be a moron, but your car looks stupid.

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
dun4791 said:

Yeah I am all ready on it.... Its funny the fogs looked good when the whole car was Plasma Glows...Now they look yellow compared to the headlights.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
SICKBOY said:

I post in these threads because I have more experience with the subject then any other people posting in these threads genius. I have done full headlamp conversions using ECE/e-code, bixenon, HID projectors from AMG Mercedes and Porsche.You probably have no clue what Im talking about anyway since you are more concerned about "Pretty" (rice) headlight rather then having them work properly... AND courtesy toward other drivers. :smmon:

Sounds like you are not smart enough to understand reason so go ahead and do what you like... just dont whine about cops pulling you over when all HID kits become illegal because of geniuses like you.... just like aftermarket exhaust is illegal in many states because of assholes not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground and running ridiculous systems that are a public nuisance.

Pudmunkies

Established Member
4300k and projectors are the best!

DSC01954.jpg

higher than roughly 5000k and you put out less light. I wont get into the HID in halogen reflector argument because I have learned that people are not smart enough, or do not want to bother to do things right because it 'works just fine' their way :D

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
dun4791 said:

JSSpeed- I may be a moron, but your car looks stupid.

At least you admit to the obvious. Next step is dealing with it.
You have never seen my car but trust me it looks much better then yours.

10K huh.. LOL! Thats a violet. Another ricer is born. No bulb manufacturers make a HID capsule that outputs 10K. I hope you like your painted bulbs.

For thre people that dont know, The highest color temp in a OE application is 6000K. The blue tint some Luxury lamps produce is NOT the color of the light output. Its a prisim effect off the edge of the projector lens. The light output is still white, NOT blue or purple.

Pudmunkies

Established Member
JSpeed said:
At least you admit to the obvious. Next step is dealing with it.
You have never seen my car but trust me it looks much better then yours.

10K huh.. LOL! Thats a violet. Another ricer is born. No bulb manufacturers make a HID capsule that outputs 10K. I hope you like your painted bulbs.

For thre people that dont know, The highest color temp in a OE application is 6000K. The blue tint some Luxury lamps produce is NOT the color of the light output. Its a prisim effect off the edge of the projector lens. The light output is still white, NOT blue or purple.

You can see that in my color modded E46 projectors. Those lights will look blue when you drive twoards them as you bounce in and out of the cutoff but still produce the most visible light :-D

Erick

Established Member
cool so your have not noticed and adverse heat warpage to your housing in the L with the 8k's ...Hopefully a terminator owner will chime in who know what kit i need from these guys
HID's are only 35watts. Therefore they will not produce as much heat as your stock low beams. The higher the color temp(8000K) does not mean it's hotter. It actually relates to the hue of the output. The fact of the matter is that the higher the color temp, the less usable light or lumens. The 4-5000K lights are going to give you the whitest(brightest) output which is what most of the OEM is.

Users who are viewing this thread