HID fog lights

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I have used them in my 20077 GT500 for over a year now. I'm in San Diego and they did the install. I have had zero problems. YMMV.

Last edited:

adidasUNT8

Established Member
only complaint I have with Venomous Stangz is that I ordered some lights from them last Sunday and it took them until Friday to ship them out, after an email I sent asking if they had been shipped. If you're a patient person it may not be a big deal. I'm used to ppl shipping stuff out reasonably quickly... not 5 business days...

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I just hate how the fogs turn on with keyless entry everytime. Feel like it'd burn out the ballast's in a heart beat. I'm content with the led's

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Which Kelvin rating matches the OEM HID optioned GT500 headlights? 5,000k OEM White? or the next level 6,000k Diamond Blue?

R

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I found these hid fogs and they claim they will not get hotter than the halogen bulbs. Has anyone tried these yet to see if they work?

I've heard some with success, some not (still melt/bubble). I replaced the whole housing with some Hellas (Optilux). Glass > Plastic

Also, those kits are way over priced. HID kits are very cheap nowadays. Check out DDM Tuning. $40 vs. $120 and they have a lifetime warranty. FYI

Which Kelvin rating matches the OEM HID optioned GT500 headlights? 5,000k OEM White? or the next level 6,000k Diamond Blue?

R

Stock HIDs are ~4600K. The fogs I put in are 5000k, are bright white (slightly blue on warm-up) and make the stock HID low beams look slightly yellow in comparison.

Last edited:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
you get what you pay for...

True, and I usually have that mentality. However, there is still such thing as over-paying and finding better deals.

I've run DDM Tuning HID kits on three vehicles. The GT500, my Mazdapeed3 and my motorcycle. None have ever had a single problem despite the repeated on/off cycles of the GT500 keyless unlocking and cranking the motorcycle.

No offense, not trying to poop on your buddies or your business out there. Just my thoughts and experiences.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I used HID Guy;s set up in my 03 Terminator, High/Low and Fogs at 6000K, and they worked and looked great. I think they recommended the 4300K Fogs in my 09 Shelby to match the factory HID Head-lights.

DaFreak

Established Member
anyone know the lumen output of these bulbs? I did find some LED's that claim 700 lumen output.

Users who are viewing this thread