HID light

94blacksnake

Established Member
I have looked at a lot of the posts on here and have got confused about them. Head spinning from reading about them, need opinions about what brand to get. I have decided on a 6k setup already, what is the difference with the 35w and 55w set up? should I stick with the 35? Thanks in advance.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I had a 55 watt set up with 5k HIDs previously and they were bright as hell, I would hey flashed with my low beams on all the time. I switched to a 35 watt and they seem fine, haven't been flashed in a while now lol.

I had DDMTUNING HIDs highs and lows 55watts and they were awesome, inexpensive and have a really good trustworthy warranty

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
ebay kits are under $40 and work just the same as the big dollar kits.
I've bought 6 kits off ebay and no issues with any of them.

94blacksnake

Established Member
I had a 55 watt set up with 5k HIDs previously and they were bright as hell, I would hey flashed with my low beams on all the time. I switched to a 35 watt and they seem fine, haven't been flashed in a while now lol.

I had DDMTUNING HIDs highs and lows 55watts and they were awesome, inexpensive and have a really good trustworthy warranty

I hate not getting flashed! Lol! Thanks, i will stick with the DDM 35's. I appreciate the help! Wait, were you talking about other people flashing their lights at you??? That had to suck!

Noreast

Established Member
One more question. Order from VVME or DDM? what do you guys think?
I have DDM in my jeep and they work amazing. One thing I have noticed is sometimes I turn the head lights on and only one will be on so I just shut them off and put it right back on. Only every so often its rare to happen. They work great and light up very good.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I have DDM in my jeep and they work amazing. One thing I have noticed is sometimes I turn the head lights on and only one will be on so I just shut them off and put it right back on. Only every so often its rare to happen. They work great and light up very good.

Yeah I had that same problem. I just pulled my lights on before I started the car and it worked fine, not sure why
But I say from experience go with DDM they're awesome and customer service is good too which is always a huge + in my experience

Noreast

Established Member
I hope you crash into a wall.

HID's DO NOT BELONG IN OUR HOUSINGS.

Little harsh no? Lol
With a 35w and 6k bulbs with the headlights properly angled the lights shouldn't be in anyone's eyes if that's what your talking about?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Noreast, when angled correctly, they don't bother anyone. Had mine for 3+ years and I've NEVER been flashed. You just can't aim them way up in the air. i went a little lower than factory suggestions and like I said, they don't bother anyone.

As far as hoping someone crashes into a wall, that's a bit much, no?

bumsoil

Established Member
i took mine out. when i turned the lights on it would trip my abs light and ABS stopped working.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Agreed. Unless you're doing a bi-xenon conversion. Leave them out of your car. It looks hideous and blinds the **** out of everyone else on the road.

To each their own. I have a 5k which are pretty white. Looks alot like silver stars but are way brighter but not too bad where they blind anyone

epracmetcon

Established Member
To each their own. I have a 5k which are pretty white. Looks alot like silver stars but are way brighter but not too bad where they blind anyone

I am always to each their own. But being on the receiving end of an hid in a halogen housing, it endangers other drivers. Being blinded while driving at night is not fun.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
As long as the beam is adjusted properly...its not a danger to other drivers.

Bull.

A halogen housing is designed to scatter a halogen bulb's light. There is not a way to run a HID "kit" in a halogen housing without having scattered light. You may can aim it down but then what's the point? I make a point to flash every moron around here who runs them.

94blacksnake

Established Member
Bull.

A halogen housing is designed to scatter a halogen bulb's light. There is not a way to run a HID "kit" in a halogen housing without having scattered light. You may can aim it down but then what's the point? I make a point to flash every moron around here who runs them.

I was driving in my exploder one night and went up a hill, car coming the other way turned his brights on so I hit my KC's. Needless to say I won that one. I say just be careful who you flash cause you might get more that you expect.

Bull.

You flash people because you are A child and have little going on in life. And I'm sure your behavior on the road in your stang is probably more repulsive than the few second you have to tolerate in passing a stang with HIDs. If you lower the beam on your headlight housings, no one is getting blinded. But continue to perpetuate the myth. Many know you are full of it and need an enema.

Users who are viewing this thread