HID Opinions...

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Is a HID conversion worth it on the Cobra's? I think the factory lights just plain SUCK, even with the SilverStars installed in the headlights and fog lights.

I'm thinking of getting a HID conversion for the headlights as well as one for the fog lights. Just wanted to get some feedback on hom much they improve the visibility at night without the car having projector headlamp assemblies.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
Well i have a buddy who works at a car place and when they bring in cars on trade in they gotta take out the HID, dont ask why cuz i dont know why. He has them in is 2002 SS and believe me they made a HUGE difference and that was just the low beams he never put them in the high beams and he gets flashed all the time. I told him to get me some for my 2003 Chevy 4x4, andi ran silver stars and they were good always got flashed it was fun but i put in some HID that he got me for $100 and man oh man i probably got flashed 99 time out of 100 they were fun to blind people with.. my silver stars were 55watts on my lows and 61watts on my highs the HIDs on lows were 35watts and alot brighter i plan on getting a get for my highs so i can really blind people and a set for my mustang. I say go for it i think there sweet.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Long story short....I have HID's in my headlights, yes I dont have high beams(who cares). Would I get them again...YES...I want to get some for my foglights also. Its 100x better...soo much brighter. BTW, do a search.

J15BIG

Established Member
They are worth it for sure. I love my HID kit. Sometimes I wish I got the 8300K kit instead of the 6500K, but I think it would be the other way around if I had gone with the 8300K kit in the first place. Anyway, if another Mecca Tune GP comes around and I have the cash, im goin to get the fogs as well. If you think about, that is 600+ dollars on headlights. Doesnt sound worth it, but it for sure is worth it.
hids.jpg

Weasel

Established Member
XenonDepot is having a sale-
for 8000k 9005 conversion 299; for 6000k 9005 conversion kits 499.
Philips ballast and bulbs
Mike

woomaster

Established Member
They are wonderful. I know some guys whine about not having high-beams anymore, but they are no longer needed with HID's. I got the Mecca Tune 8300K kit for $299 and couldn't be happier.

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by woomaster
They are wonderful. I know some guys whine about not having high-beams anymore, but they are no longer needed with HID's. I got the Mecca Tune 8300K kit for $299 and couldn't be happier.

Does the 8300K appear really blue, or do you mainly see the blue tint when you are looking into the lights?

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I've got the 7300K kit from mecca tune and like it a lot. Looks blue from the front but when in the drivers seat just as clear as day light. When you install them you have to adjust the angle of your headlights to accomodate for no high beams. I have the drivers side adjusted a little lower than the passenger side. I hope this does not piss off the on coming traffic as much.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
anything higher than the 4300's is just "blue" light that is less visible to the human eye(you get less light on the road)

what would be perfect is a bi-xenon 4300K HID kit, I have that in my 04 Nissan Murano and it is absolutely incredible, having HID's for both low and high beam lights..

CyberDaveA

Established Member
So do the higher #'s like 8500's produce more white light than the 4300's... or do the 8500's look more blue?

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
A lot of Mecca Tune folk in here. :)

Here is my Mecca Tune kit. It's the 6500K kit.

See the headlights go through its heating cycle. Here it is blue (just turned on).
6500k1.jpg

Blue going towards white.
6500k2.jpg

Crisp white color with a hint of blue. The entire process takes 30 to 50 seconds.
6500k3.jpg

Here's another good pic. That nasty yellow tinge on the bottom are the stock foglights. This pic is with the 8300K kit installed. later switched it to the 6500K kit which is whiter.
HIDlightson2.jpg

You guys can check out some more pics on my site if you wish. Which, reminds me, I've got some updating to do.

Also, for you guys interested, I will probably do another group purchase if the factory approves the foglight bulbs for production. Last two group purchases went great by the way. Over 70 kits sold and only a handfull of problems that were taken care of. Considering that it's a complicated piece of technology I think that's pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread