HIDs flickering?

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I installed my HIDs with a relay harness during the fall and immediately noticed that they had a small flicker while on. I had two kits from HID Guy and never had a problem, but these ones are from a reputable dealer on eBay. I've tried replacing the bulbs and even the ballasts, but they're still flickering. I also gave my buddy a set of the same HIDs from this eBay dealer and he hasn't had any trouble with his set.

What's the problem? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

toomanytoys

Established Member
I have the same problem with mine. When I spoke to the company they said that sometimes the bulbs need to burn in for a few hours. The person I spoke to was right. After about 4 hours burn time the flickering stopped.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I have the same problem with mine. When I spoke to the company they said that sometimes the bulbs need to burn in for a few hours. The person I spoke to was right. After about 4 hours burn time the flickering stopped.

Hmmmm. My bulbs are fairly new so I'm not even close to four hours. I do know that my previous HIDs (provided by HID Guy) worked immediately with no problems. I'm leery of the "burn time" excuse by the company but let's hope they're right. At least for my sake lol.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I bought some cheap ones from Ebay for my Eclipse and I have this problem too. It's kinda like they jiggle right? I haven't had them on for 4 hrs yet, but hopefully that does the trick.

In the owner's manual for mine it says to leave them on for ten min the first time you turn them on. I don't know if that has anything to do with it cause I did that, but they still jiggle.

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I'm having issues with my DDM HID's. i'm getting ready to ditch this chinese garbage and run stockers again.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I bought some cheap ones from Ebay for my Eclipse and I have this problem too. It's kinda like they jiggle right? I haven't had them on for 4 hrs yet, but hopefully that does the trick.

In the owner's manual for mine it says to leave them on for ten min the first time you turn them on. I don't know if that has anything to do with it cause I did that, but they still jiggle.

EXACTLY. It is so damn annoying. I did the "10 minute burn-in" step too. Did nothing...

I'm having issues with my DDM HID's. i'm getting ready to ditch this chinese garbage and run stockers again.

Me too. It's either stockers or go with HID Guy.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I already threw my stockers back on... As cool as the HID's look, i really would rather my lights work without failure.

I don't even think I'm going to call DDM to warranty them at this point. POS.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I already threw my stockers back on... As cool as the HID's look, i really would rather my lights work without failure.

I don't even think I'm going to call DDM to warranty them at this point. POS.

Lol I gotcha. The company I bought mine from have been really good at replacing the ballasts and bulbs, but I think their quality is just garbage. There's nothing they can do about that besides quit selling HID kits lol.

Users who are viewing this thread