HID's in my future

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
I dont see why not, A 00 L can use 99-04 lights.. If possible, scour the net for the Xenarc HID kit.. it's the only one that is DOT approved, but its been discontinued for some time.

I'd post a pic of my Xenarcs but photobucket took a shit.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
They'll fit. Here's a little insight though. The retro fit HID's are designed only for projector lights. (the little round one with the bubble lens) this is because direct reflection on a angled 'mirrored' surface creates hot spots. These are my 01+ SVT lights with HID's, note the hot spots above the light height.
8k_Hid_017.sized.jpg

8k_Hid_011.sized.jpg

8k_Hid_012.sized.jpg

These are Xenarc HID's (yes they are a mirrored surface but they also use DR1 bulbs with a deflector built into them (kinda like the 9003 bulb)
Hid4.sized.jpg

Note that the Xenarc accually fills in the sides and does not creat hot spots above the light level. (they also happen to have a high beam) If you retro fit you'll find your self just like me driving around with your fogs on all the time when the lights are on, trying to light up those corners.

If possible find out what bulb goes in that projector, run that for your head light with the hid (als long as it hass the deflector in it it will cut the 'over the light ' line right on the horizon. It would be a good set up. I'm looking into a projector head light now, that or Xenarc's shoulda kept the Xenarcs

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Wow I' really want to avoid those hot spots. I'll look at what I can find.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread