High Beams and Fogs on at the same time?

Shlby

Established Member
Can the high beams and fog lights be made to come on at the same time? I think when you switch to high beam, you need all the light you can get!

JymBart

Established Member
Try this.
1.) You will want to go to page 123; in your owners manual. Find the Power Distribution Box; under the hood on the drivers side; just behind the shock tower. Remove cover and find the #1 relay. It maybe hard to remove. I had to use a small pair of pliers, but be careful.

2.) There are 5 pins on the bottom. They are numbered 1 through 5. #1, #4 and #2 are the 3 small ones. Do not touch the two bigger pins and do not mess with the middle pin #4.

3.) You will want to carefully bend the #2 pin all the way over and flat on the side of the relay. Replace the relay. If you change your mind, carefully bend it back. A new relay is about $15.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
This is there as a safety to not overdraw the electrical system if I'm not mistaken. I'd leave it be...

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Try this.
1.) You will want to go to page 123; in your owners manual. Find the Power Distribution Box; under the hood on the drivers side; just behind the shock tower. Remove cover and find the #1 relay. It maybe hard to remove. I had to use a small pair of pliers, but be careful.

2.) There are 5 pins on the bottom. They are numbered 1 through 5. #1, #4 and #2 are the 3 small ones. Do not touch the two bigger pins and do not mess with the middle pin #4.

3.) You will want to carefully bend the #2 pin all the way over and flat on the side of the relay. Replace the relay. If you change your mind, carefully bend it back. A new relay is about $15.

I have had this car for 6 yrs and have always wondered about the fogs with high beams. I can't believe how easy it was to make this work. Took less than 30 sec. :rockon: THANKS :beer:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ya'll ever seen Fords wiring? Just barely enough to suffice is how they roll.

I think a member on here had some serious problems after doing this.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
ya'll ever seen Fords wiring? Just barely enough to suffice is how they roll.

I think a member on here had some serious problems after doing this.

I've had this done on my Cobra now for almost one year and everything's good.....(knock on wood)

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
this is good to know although im more interested in fogs on without headlights?....im sure many have done this

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
The fogs do come on without the headlights. They do require the parking lights to be on though.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
Try this.

OK the owners manual i have on page 123 is about seatbelts? Can anyone just tell me what relay it is, or throw up a pic?

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
I did this over a year ago on my Cobra and have yet to have an issue. It seriously does take 30 seconds, well worth the effort IMO.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
what bulbs does the cobra take for the fogs?

i want to get 35w HID 6k kits for both fog and hi/low beams... theyre so cheap these days why not:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread