High boost w/meth question

itSSlow98

Established Member
Some guys do but its definetly ideal to have at least an A2A intercooler. You will really see the benefits of meth with already lowered IATs. At 20psi your making a lot of heat with the blower and with a good A2A and a dual nozzle meth setup your IATs shouldnt be much higher then ambient if they arent at or below that.

MOTOWN M

Established Member
I woulndt run any blower @20psi with no intercooler! just doesnt make sense powerwise, as stated 20psi creates a lot of heat, and spinning a blower to 20psi without an intercooler is a waste imo.

Get youeself a good A2A inercooler and enjoy your boost!

mtrsprt

Established Member
With a Vortech, you could run 20psi all day long with meth spraying. No intercooler needed.

You could run a Vortech @ 20psi with no charge cooling, as long as your octane is high enough.

A well setup methanol injection system would be a huge benefit for you.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Only people I know that do it are running in a certain class and ditch the I/C for a weight break.

If it's anything from a Fox-body to an 04 Cobra just ditch the oem bumper support for a Chromoly piece and the added weight difference becomes zero by installing an A-A Intercooler... Ask me how I know? And OP do both Meth AND an Intercooler
:)
photo0017lo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread