High compression, E85, 2.9

thewrubelator

Established Member
Hey everyone. Sold my 03 SM cams/heads/ported Eaton Cobra, and am picking up a 03 AODE swapped, 11:1 compression 2.9 whipple Cobra on E85. Car made 730 @ 15psi through the Auto. I’m looking to get some more out of it to get down closer to the mid 9 range. Car has been high 9s already.

My concern is ignition system issues after dropping a pulley size bumping boost to 17psi with that high of compression. I know gap will have to be extremely tight, but what else are you guys doing?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rambro

Established Member
Sounds like a really nice setup. I've always liked the idea of more compression and less boost. I want to say you'll be ok with stock ignition at 17 psi but I'll let someone with some real knowledge on high comp and boost chime in.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
AED built a 10.5 compression 2.9, ported heads cams, 1000rwhp car. Stock coils, with BR7-EF's gap them to like .020 and see what it does. I think stock out of the box is .024.

thewrubelator

Established Member
AED built a 10.5 compression 2.9, ported heads cams, 1000rwhp car. Stock coils, with BR7-EF's gap them to like .020 and see what it does. I think stock out of the box is .024.

Thanks for the reply. Soon as I get the car I’m going to change plugs, I’ll gap them down to that and see how she does on the rollers! Good to know though, I use to live out in Sac so AED is a familiar name. They’ve built some consistent runners that’s for sure. I just didn’t know if people were running like a spark booster type thing or something.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread