High flow cats vs offroad

Lycosa

Established Member
How much of a sound difference is there between the two? I don't know anyone that lives close by that i could compare the two to. Anything I can hear on youtube is relatively the same for loudness.

Woody6799

Established Member
However cats will also clean the sound up a lot and reduce, if not eliminate, rasp. I prefer catted

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
My car has kooks long tubes woth catted mag x pipe and mag cat back and the sound is perfect. Car has a nice rumble when driving and only gets loud when at WOT

If you have the right midpipe design and right cb the o/r setup will be unbeatable.

As an example...Bassani has fantastic quality. Expensive of course. But they make what is referred to in the exhaust industry as a 'calm shell' X pipe.

UPR on the other hand...for all the criticism they get...make a 'true' x pipe.

The Bassani O/R X pipe with a Borla Stingers or Mac 3" cb, doesn't even come close to producing the intoxicating sound that a UPR O/R X does with Mac 3". Even the Borla Stingers with UPR O/R X sounds phenomenal.

You can't beat Mac 3" with UPR O/R X though. Its not beatable. lol

Even the catted version of all the aforementioned x pipes can't produce the O/R sound. The O/R sound is really special.

Destro03

Established Member
If you would like to be able to hear the passenger in the front seat, stick with a catted version. Also for regular street use, you will notice a loss in back pressure torque without a cats.

b_dike

Established Member
I second the upr o/r x-pipe. I have stingers with them and it is a special kind of sound. Very enjoyable. It's loud but at cruising speeds I have no issue having a conversation with people in the car. It's actually kinda irritating reading those comments all the time. As for the noticeable loss of back pressure, or torque, or power... That's bs too, I didn't notice any change.

bigmoose

Established Member
I went from a mag catted xpipe to a Mac o/r prochamber. The prochamber sounds amazing with a chambered muffler. I love my setup now.

UncleDan

Established Member
If you're going to get a catted x-pipe do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good one. I had one from UPR and wasn't too impressed with the fitment. One of the cats also started to rattle within like a month.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
My car has kooks long tubes woth catted mag x pipe and mag cat back and the sound is perfect. Car has a nice rumble when driving and only gets loud when at WOT

I have Kooks LTs need a new mid pipe. Which Mag X are you using to fit with the Kooks?

Is there other Manufacturers that work with Kooks Lts

Lycosa

Established Member
If you're going to get a catted x-pipe do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good one. I had one from UPR and wasn't too impressed with the fitment. One of the cats also started to rattle within like a month.

I'm going kooks lts and kooks catted x.

Users who are viewing this thread