High Hp Eaton Car killed!!!

BLK04

Established Member
I think Andy sabotaged your engine so he wouldn't have to race you again, lol. Sorry to hear about your engine man. Hope you get it fixed soon.

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
Machinator said:
I have heard of numerous cars running upwards of 1600hp on these cranks and that is the first failure I have actually seen.

Yeah I've heard the samething. This was the first crank failure I've heard of, but anyways good luck with your rebuild. Just gives you an excuse to make it stronger and faster :burnout:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Well I've never seen a crankshaft do that esp both ends but if the motor locked up completely I suppose. I've seen 6" dia forged elect motor 600hp shaft snap so I guess its possible. You would have thought a giant hole in the block or something. On the elect. motor the pump was locked up on start.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Being in Florida, I would suggest you go with Al Pappito (Boss330 Racing) or Tim Barth (Modular Powerhouse in GA). MPH did my shortblock and I will never go anywhere else for that kind of work. Their service has been superb.

360R

Established Member
Im looking to order a shortblock considering Im going to need a new crank and a new block, rods etc..... Prob going with MMR, they look like they have there blocks in order and are backed with a good history.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Tim can get you everything you need. I sold my stock shortblock and got everything new from MPH. Their machine shop owner even hooked me up with his personal Teksid block after UPS cracked mine.

I also considered MMR. They have great service and are very knowledgable. You just can't beat the locale of MPH, though. You'll also save a lot on shipping.

360R

Established Member
shipping really isnt that bad. 3XX to ship from CA. Not that bad in my book, as long as the motor will hold together i have no prob paying shipping.

WDW MKR

Established Member
No, that's not bad at all. It's about $100 more than coming from GA. I would just rather be able to drive to my builder for any issues. MPH is only 3hrs away from me. Not sure how far you are from Atlanta, GA.

Users who are viewing this thread