High Mileage Terminator, whats it worth?

Jubei

Established Member
2003 DSG Coupe with 142,000 miles, a 132,000 of that were put on by a older gentlemen 50ish in age driving one way to work 50+ miles. Compression check came out good and so the car was devirginized at 138,000 miles. Here is what I've done:

DSG JLT CAI
Billetflow 2.76 upper with idler.
SCT Livewire
Rebuilt T56 by www.Sixspeedsinc.com, this was done 2k miles ago along with the clutch.
Upgraded Clutch to a Spec 3+ with a 26 spline shaft, aluminum flywheel and Mcleod retainer sleeve.
MGW orange handle shifter
Intercooler pump was replaced.
Black powdercoated MMS full length subframe connectors
Maximum Motor Sports IRS bushings installed, also replaced the front IRS bolts with the 14mm Bolts.
Differential Cover Brace
Rack and pinion was replaced with a Cobra that had 20k on the odometer.
Carpet was replaced with carpet that was removed out of a Cobra with only 5k miles on it.
Left and Right lower ball joints were replaced.
All four springs had 3/4 coils cut, lowering the car very nicely.
Front Shocks were also replace with new Bilstiens.
Goodyear F1's on the front Nitto DR's on the rear.
Bassani X pipe with a Magnaflow Catback system.
All eight coil packs were also replaced, the car had a stumble up top on the dyno and so I scheduled a second dyno after replacing the coil packs and the problem was corrected. The car made 450/475 on a safe tune all done by RWTD. Supercharger was also removed at 138,000 miles and the intercooler was thoroughly cleaned and I also installed the oil seperator mod as well.

The only problem I have had with the car is the ABS light, I had the ABS system scanned and the scanner would not even read. This has led me to believe the module is bad. Who needs traction control ON anyway?

I just got stationed in Albuquerque NM, I used to reside in Mobile AL....thanks RWTD. What does the car need? Absolutely nothing. During my drive to New Mexico, I averaged at least 25 mpg, this motor is still rockin. This car would definitely fit the profile of someone who is looking to go built. You tell me whats it worth?

img4190dn3.jpg

img4193cutpf7.jpg

img4192pf9.jpg

img4191cutkm1.jpg

img4194ru6.jpg

img4196eq2.jpg

img4195va1.jpg

Last edited:

black96snake

Established Member
with that high mileage I'd say the overall cosmetic and mechanical condition are going to determine the value. If it is perfect (as in it looks like a car with 30K) I'd say maybe 16-17K. Average condition 13-14K.

Jubei

Established Member
Yea the car definitely does not look like a high mileage Cobra, matter of fact when people see the car and I actually tell them how many miles it has there mouths completely drop.

Jubei

Established Member
Maybe later next week Ill get some pictures unless someone was in or around New Mexico and they were serious about a purchase I could then get some sooner.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
hell i would buy that, id probably put a new motor in it before i modded it anymore, but id have some fun with it

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I live in Colorado and I would be interested in pics of what kind of shape it's in I am in the market as well.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I'm going to say 17-18k. You've done a good job keeping it up from what it sounds like. Nice to see that one has lasted so long!

Users who are viewing this thread