high oil pressure?

duomaxwell

Established Member
my oil pressure seems to be a little higher than usual, started up the cobra this morning and saw that the needle was half way to the tip of the oil icon on the gauge. normally its trait up and down. I am kind of worried because I took the car in to boost in 5th I normally don’t do this but for what ever reason I did it and now the oil pressure is slightly high, am I being a little girl about this or should I be worried?

Thanks, Nick

haskett

Established Member
My understanding of the stock gauge is that it is basically on or off. It is "on" at a ridiculoulsy low psi (10-ish???).

I installed an analog sender to my Aeroforce gauges. The pressure is pretty low (30-something??) at idle when the engine is hot, but shoots up pretty high when you get on the gas. This is logical given that the crank is driving the pump.

So..... I wouldn't worry about it. You pressure is all over the place under normal conditions and the stock gauge isn't going to reflect any of that.

duomaxwell

Established Member
thanks man :beer: I appreciate it, I always wondered why it stayed perfectly in the middle even on start up but now it makes since that it is more or less a on off kind of gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread