Highest whp twin screw cobra???

Fry's03SVT

The Demon of Venom
Established Member
Hey, like the titles says. I am just wondering what's the known highest whp for a twin screw cobra. I looked around but only found stuff from awhile back and I am sure that people have gone way past 700whp by now with the blower setups. Thanks!!

chipmonk

Established Member
ive seen a whipple 2.9 build go over 1000whp. Id imagine much higher than that with them having 4L whipples.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^^ he does have over 1k rwhp.. So far that's the highest TS cobra I know of. Most the 3.4 guys don't make amazing numbers.. All the 4.0 guys can't seem to keep the engine together, or get them tuned before selling. And up until recently KB only had the 2.8.. They now have a 3.xL blower for the Cobra's though. I'd be interested to see what it could do on a properly setup engine.

GodStang

Established Member
Many over 1000rwhp through autos. The Ford GT heads on the 03 build that is coming up soon with a 4.0L Whipple will be very interesting.

GodStang

Established Member
^^^ he does have over 1k rwhp.. So far that's the highest TS cobra I know of. Most the 3.4 guys don't make amazing numbers.. All the 4.0 guys can't seem to keep the engine together, or get them tuned before selling. And up until recently KB only had the 2.8.. They now have a 3.xL blower for the Cobra's though. I'd be interested to see what it could do on a properly setup engine.

There are plenty higher than his. The 3.6LC had a good number of 03-04s over 1000. There are a few guys I know has builds over 1000 due to track times but won't reveal their dyno numbers.

gabe1530

Banned
im sure there are a lot but not many post on the forums or they are grudge racers and dont want to reveal their combos.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
There are plenty higher than his. The 3.6LC had a good number of 03-04s over 1000. There are a few guys I know has builds over 1000 due to track times but won't reveal their dyno numbers.

Really?? the 3.6L has a good number of cobras at over 1000rwhp? I've seen and heard of only 2 3.6's on Cobra's.. Can you please show us the good number you're talking about? This blower is new to the market and I have yet to hear of a number over 1000rwhp.. I heard of the one guy going back to turn the wick up but that was it.

I do understand that there are cars running high trap times that suggest over 1000rwhp, but that wasn't the question at hand.

GodStang

Established Member
Really?? the 3.6L has a good number of cobras at over 1000rwhp? I've seen and heard of only 2 3.6's on Cobra's.. Can you please show us the good number you're talking about? This blower is new to the market and I have yet to hear of a number over 1000rwhp.. I heard of the one guy going back to turn the wick up but that was it.

I do understand that there are cars running high trap times that suggest over 1000rwhp, but that wasn't the question at hand.

Ya I thought only two plus mine but after I started doing research on my 3.6LC setup there where quite a few I did not know about. HPP has a yellow one with over 1000rwhp through th400. Manny said there are others that don't get online.

Fry's03SVT

The Demon of Venom
Established Member
Ya I thought only two plus mine but after I started doing research on my 3.6LC setup there where quite a few I did not know about. HPP has a yellow one with over 1000rwhp through th400. Manny said there are others that don't get online.

I also have one!! :pepper:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh good to hear that they are getting out!! Yea we can only account for a slight % of people in the Cobra community lol

Users who are viewing this thread