Highspeed Autocross in Knoxville, TN

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
August 21st Event is sold out

OK folks here is your chance to run an autocross that has enough room to let those big V-8s rumble. The SVT Cobra Mustang Club is holding 2 autoross events at the 411 Galaxy Speedway. These events are open to all vehicles. One is Aug. 21st and the second is Oct. 22nd. Gates open at 7:00 AM, Tech inspection from 7:30-8:30, driver's meeting and track wall-down at 9:00 and first car off at 9:30. The layout uses both banked turns and the infield. It is a fast fun course to run.

For more detail got to the website below and scroll down through the events to find this one.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html

or go here to be taken straight to the registration form.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/TN Autocross Registration form - 2004.pdf

or here for the course layout

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/TN Autocross course layout - 2004.pdf

Come on out and have some fun.
:D

Last edited:

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
No takers from the SVT Performance crew???? Come on folks over half the vehicles I have signed up are GMs or other off brands. Where are the all the big bad FORDs??? I know there are some folks on here who like to do more than straight line driving. :burnout: :shrug: :eek: :rockon:

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
I have sent my check in for both dates.

Guys, this is an awesome (and very cheap) opportunity I assure you. Galaxy 411 Speedway is a banked oval track almost the size of BMS, it has an "X-configuration" in the middle of the oval which is encorporated into the course layout. This is not a cheesy 30mph mall parking lot autocross. The SVT Cobra club sponsored an Open Track event there a few weeks ago and most of the Cobras were hitting 80-90 mph down the straights, and that's in the pouring rain!:eek:

How many times does an opportunity arise in which you can run your Cobra on a race-prepped banked oval race track for $30?

ZERO is the answer...

The field is quicky filling up with Hondas and Impalas that see the opportunity before them...and as fun as its gonna be to stomp them into the track, we would like to see a few more SVT boys out there.

Now is your chance to let those "Yeah, but Mustangs can't handle" Honda boys eat their words.

And now...for the official "You are being called out" list:

97whitevert - REGISTRATION SENT! :)
OkiedokieRidge - pending :dw:
Copperhead - pending :dw::dw:
BLACKVNM
Midnitrous_Express
FoMoCoDave
chip6990
snkBtn99
SlammedSVT
fastozzy
TNstangman
Nordi
Svt03Cobra
SVT Watson
cobraman 302
wjfawb0
andrew 03

Last edited:

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Starting to fill up only 14 slots left. If you are thinking about coming you need to get that registration in the mail.:D

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Would love to come . . . I'll see what I can work out . . . October is definitely out since it's on a Friday. I'll have to drive to Asheville from Greensboro Friday night after work and then drive to TN the next morning. Can you get me an address to the track so I can see some directions?

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
I'd love to join you guys but just don't think I can take all the driving. It's 5.5 hours from my current house, still over 2 if I drive up Friday night and stay with my parents. I'd be there at 9pm and have to leave the house by 5:30 am . . . And I can't do the one in October at all. Can't get out of work.

Let me know if there's more of these next spring or something. Maybe I can take a vacation day then. Sorry

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Sorry you can't make it. We are looking at doing one or two over in the NC/SC area. Maybe you could make one of those. I will post up here if they get scheduled.:D

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by OkiedokieRidge
lol Yeller, why am I on that list? I have a truck

It's not a just a "truck", it's an SVT...big difference.

Don't just come watch, sent in a few bucks and run with us.

If you don't run and just stand there and watch you'll be pissed at yourself, it really is a blast.

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
We need more SVTs at this events!!!! 11 slots left. Where are all the Cobras, Lightings, Foci and Contours????? Folks this is more fun than you can believe. You should miss out on a chance like this to have some fun and drive your vehicle like it was designed to be driven!!!!

OkiedokieRidge

Established Member
Originally posted by 98 Yeller' SVT
It's not a just a "truck", it's an SVT...big difference.

If you don't run and just stand there and watch you'll be pissed at yourself, it really is a blast.

Of course you are right on both counts. :D

But, I'm still going to have to just spectate. Maybe there will still be some openings for the one in October after I see this one.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread