Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination

50 Proof

Established Member
Can someone explain to me what this means? I are confused :shrug:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_obama

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's name will be placed in nomination along with nominee-in-waiting Barack Obama at the Democratic convention in Denver, an emblematic move intended to unite the party after a divisive primary fight.

Democrats will officially nominate Obama at the convention but the state delegations will do a traditional role call for his vanquished opponent as well.

The arrangement — which the rivals-turned-allies agreed to after weeks of negotiations — is intended to help the Democratic Party heal after a bruising primary while mollifying still-disgruntled Clinton backers and acknowledging the former first lady's groundbreaking presidential run.

"I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong united fashion," Obama, an Illinois senator, said in a joint statement.

Added Clinton, a New York senator: "With every voice heard and the party strongly united, we will elect Senator Obama president of the United States and put our nation on the path to peace and prosperity once again."

Some 35 million people participated in the Democratic primary, and Obama and Clinton said they wanted to "honor and celebrate these voices and votes."

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
They want to win back the Dems who threatened to vote for McCain if Clinton didn't win the nomination

actually i have no idea what it means for her or the Dem party lol...

Jefe

Established Member
This is how stupid our system is. Shes out....but not really. They want to see who gets more votes I guess. One of her delegates was shot and killed yesterday in Arkansas. Sound familiar Clintonites? Pieces of ****!

50 Proof

Established Member
This is how stupid our system is. Shes out....but not really. They want to see who gets more votes I guess. One of her delegates was shot and killed yesterday in Arkansas. Sound familiar Clintonites? Pieces of ****!

Does this mean that democrats will be able to vote on Obama or Clinton when when election voting begins? Wont this ensure that the democratic party stay divided and ensure a sure win for McCain? Maybe i'm missing something still...

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Does this mean that democrats will be able to vote on Obama or Clinton when when election voting begins? Wont this ensure that the democratic party stay divided and ensure a sure win for McCain? Maybe i'm missing something still...

I would think that too :shrug: (they both suck)

GodStang

Established Member
Yes just because Hilary lost the primarys does not mean she still can not become the democratic nomination.

Users who are viewing this thread