hillie16, Groovyash and other PA people

myblackpony

Established Member
Hey guys, I got a ticket last night for going 79 in a 65 on the turnpike on my way back from school. This is my first ticket, so I have no idea how to go about pleading down the charge so I don't get any points on my record.

I'm thinking I just have to plead not guilty when I send the ticket back, but I thought I would come here first to make sure that was right.

Thanks,
Justin

Groovyash

Established Member
Originally posted by myblackpony
Hey guys, I got a ticket last night for going 79 in a 65 on the turnpike on my way back from school. This is my first ticket, so I have no idea how to go about pleading down the charge so I don't get any points on my record.

I'm thinking I just have to plead not guilty when I send the ticket back, but I thought I would come here first to make sure that was right.

Thanks,
Justin

Yes, you would plead not guilty to appear in court, not much advice past that really, other than be polite and apologize, if your record is otherwise clear it is a possibility that it will be reduced to a no points speed.

Dan

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Re: Re: hillie16, Groovyash and other PA people

Originally posted by Groovyash
Yes, you would plead not guilty to appear in court, not much advice past that really, other than be polite and apologize, if your record is otherwise clear it is a possibility that it will be reduced to a no points speed.

Dan

Ditto what Dan said, the citation should have instructions on the back on how to go through the plea process.

myblackpony

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys.

I went to court today with my driving record that proved I had never had a ticket, or been in an accident, and the judge told me that he had no say in reducing points for a ticket, and that I need to talk to PENNDOT because they determine how many points I'll get.

Does this sound right to you guys?

BTW, this was in Lancaster County, in Ephrata.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
May be different local laws, because magistrates here can reduce a charge to a no point violation if the officer agrees to it.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
I got a ticket for doing 39.5MPH. I was half tempted to fight it but I let it go. I wish I had since I had an accident in my 99GT, and with the 1 ticket and 1 accident, the insurance on my 03 is nuts. Doesn't help that I'm 19 either.

Users who are viewing this thread