hippitty hoppitty my Cobra's on the way!

kassman

Established Member
Okay, I know this topic has been covered many times before, but I need help!! I feel like the freakin Easter Bunny on the street - I can't keep the rear end from hopping when coming off the line or when standing on the loud pedal from a slow roll. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Too much clutch? Too scared to dump the clutch? Hold the flamming and enlighten me. Thanks!

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Lower your rear tire pressure by about 2-4 pounds. This helped me a little. Otherwise I recommend getting an anti-hop kit, though i'm not sure if they work or not. Also, when it warms up in spring, the amount of wheelhop will go way down.

OverToad

Established Member
I have the wheel hop kit from AmazonRacing. I can tell you that on the stiffest setting, it really helps to keep the car from hopping. It's always bad practice to hazard a guess, but I'd say it's reduced my hop by at least 75%. Now I'm sure I'll get some of that hop back when I throw on the 2.93 and plug in the chip, but I do want to say that it helps. Only problem is the price. Check their website for details: www.amazonracing.com

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Go to "search"
Type in 'wheel and hop' and you will get hours of reading.
As part of a long-range plan to make my car suitable for road course fun, I did Griggs Racing coil-overs in the back. That helps the hop a bunch, but there are cheaper (and maybe better) ways if that is the only objective.
JW

Users who are viewing this thread