Hit 148-149 mph in stock '02 GT auto conv!!

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
A couple of months ago on a cool sunday morning I decided to take a little drive in my GT. When I got onto Veterans Pwky. there was no car in sight so I decided to see how fast she could go. I had hit 143 before on I-95 but she acted like she couldn't go any faster so I shut it down. That sunday though as I reached 143 the tach kept climbing!! I seen the speedo hit somewhere around 148-149 before I had to slow down coming up on a curve in the road. Talk about an adrenaline rush!!

I mean my '02 GT is bone stock to the filter. To top it off it's an auto and convertible. Before yall call B.S. I'm at sea level here in Savannah and it was a very cool morning. I think I could've reached 150+ if I had a little more straight road. So to all yall 99-04 auto GT owners our cars are capable of 150+ stock at least at sea level.

P.S. There were no other cars on the road. I was only endangering myself.

PSI87

Banned
150mph is fun... It's more fun when your car is slow and it takes a long time to get there... More dangerous too but then extended duration is fun. I personally don't have a problem with people like you do that when nobody else is in danger. Thank you for doing it the responsible way.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
PSI87 said:
150mph is fun... It's more fun when your car is slow and it takes a long time to get there... More dangerous too but then extended duration is fun. I personally don't have a problem with people like you do that when nobody else is in danger. Thank you for doing it the responsible way.

Yeah even on a cool day I agree you need alot of open room to get there in a stock 99-04 GT. My car usually hits a wall at 130+ but that morning she kept pulling pretty good. I've ran a best of 14.5 at 98 so far down here. My best 1/8 time is a 9.3 at 76 which is 2 tenths better than my 1/8 time on my 14.5 run. With just exhaust, intake, and a good tune I might be able to crack into the high 13's.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
assasyn said:
You shoulda left that out. It's going to start a flame war.

Well I personally don't care what anybody thinks. I had alot of open space and there was no other cars in sight. If there were other cars I wouldn't take that risk.

Btw was your '96 GT stock when you hit 150+??

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
assasyn said:
I got my old 96 GT to 150+

Have seen a 95 GT hit 150+ He was chasing some friends that were 8 miles from town and he was 20 when they started, he caught them at the city limits.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
assasyn said:
I got my old 96 GT to 150+

a stock '96??? with the most anemic 215hp known to man, this is an impressive feat if it is true.

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
When I lived in Germany me and a buddy got his 96 GT to 145 Mph on the Autobahn, it took like 20 minutes but it got there.

assasyn

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Well I personally don't care what anybody thinks. I had alot of open space and there was no other cars in sight. If there were other cars I wouldn't take that risk.

Btw was your '96 GT stock when you hit 150+??
It was pretty close to stock. K&N and underdrive pulleys and I modified the mass air. Here is the weird thing. It had a 2.93 rear end in it. :shrug: I think that had something to do with it. I was cruising about 80 and hit it for 3 miles. Set on the peg for about 20 seconds. It

DesertMach

Established Member
So the 02 Gt has no speed limiter??? My Mach had a speed limiter set to 126 mph and it worked, I disabled it with the predator. so how can the 02 Gt do 140+ if its totally stock????

Auto that is, I know the manual speed limiter for the mach is 151

Sapperstang

Established Member
DesertMach said:
So the 02 Gt has no speed limiter??? My Mach had a speed limiter set to 126 mph and it worked, I disabled it with the predator. so how can the 02 Gt do 140+ if its totally stock????

Auto that is, I know the manual speed limiter for the mach is 151

Probably because it's an auto with the cast crank. My 04 Mach would bury the speedo.

Users who are viewing this thread