Hit a tree with my bike. Broke both arms and shattered shoulder -Graphic Pics & Story

red00lght

Established Member
I like bikes (have an 08 FJR1300), planes (airline pilot 20 yrs), and quick cars/trucks. The older I get the more I realize every risk taken usually has some sort of consequence that bites you in the a$$.

I live in pain every day. Completely fused lumbar spine due to bad genetics and reckless weight lifting/rowing when I thought I was superman in highschool/college. I wake up in pain and go to sleep still in pain. I don't wish that on anyone.

Seeing his Cobra youtube vid and reading the description of his accident makes me think this accident was a result of things catching up with him. They always do sooner or later.

Good luck in the recovery and I hope you'll think twice about what you've been through next time you are tempted to bury that right foot surrounded by traffic.

Digital

Established Member
Calm yourselves peeplz. I made a full recovery last year. As stated in the first post I was doing 40 in a 30 99.9 percent of the incident. If you've ever had a bike you'd know you can go from 40 to 100 in the blink of an eye. I was only at "high" speed during the actual accident for a brief moment while I was making an attempt to regain control of the bike, maybe 2 seconds tops.
Glad to see this thread is a source of excitement for my nut swinger still. Hopefully it continues to educate people.

Last edited:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Calm yourselves peeplz. I made a full recovery last year. As stated in the first post I was doing 40 in a 30 99.9 percent of the incident. If you've ever had a bike you'd know you can go from 40 to 100 in the blink of an eye. I was only at "high" speed during the actual accident for a brief moment while I was making an attempt to regain control of the bike, maybe 2 seconds tops.
Glad to see this thread is a source of excitement for my nut swinger still. Hopefully it continues to educate people.

educate us more by doing it again...into a brick wall at twice the speed

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
it is a source of excitement for NOBODY other than you. interesting that you bump a YEAR old thread to tell people that posted a YEAR ago to lighted up. what a 'tard you are.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Why would you bump your own thread if you want the talk to all go away? The last post in here was about a year ago, and you're telling people to "calm themselves" now.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, are we?

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Why would you bump your own thread if you want the talk to all go away??

5f7.jpg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
you owe your surgeon a sincere thank you. you have no clue how bad of an injury the plated shoulder is---no clue. the fact that you can raise your arm above your shoulder, and that the humeral head is intact and not dead (due to loss of blood supply) is remarkable. lol at the comments about the position of the screws and thinking you can do a better job. look at an anatomy book sometime, and realize how hard it must be to avoid all the nerves/arteries/veins/tendons/ligaments that go through that area, let alone the fact that people have variations in their anatomy, and the injury itself displaces the normal anatomy and obscures things.

the hardware in your shoulder is well over $4k, by the way. the screws go for roughly $150-200 apeice.

Users who are viewing this thread