Hit The Track Last Night

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
Island Dragway in NJ reopened last night after closing down last November. Decided to go make some passes.. Got there about 8 pm and literally waited an hour in line to get through the gate. Then another 1/2 hour in the tech line. I jumped right in line to stage and waited there another half hour. I finally got on the track, did a light burnout and got ready to go. I planned on an easy launch because it was the first time at the track with the car. I think between all the waiting, the burnout, and launch with my power level my clutch just said f**k you on the launch and slipped bad. I cut a 2.3 60' and went 12.9@116. As soon as I got off the track the clutch reeked, and everyone in the stands was telling me they smelled it. I decided to just head home because it was real hot, DA was something like 2000 so I felt it just wasn't worth it to go for another pass.

Fridays at Island aren't the best as it's mostly street cars, so the traction is minimal, especially with the track being totally green last night. To put it into perspective, the fastest car there last night was a supercharged base model C6 Vette. He was at about 600rwhp and his best time was a 12.0@125 on BFG radials. I'm going to attempt again next Sunday when the track should be better prepped. I know if I slip again it's time for a Spec Stage3+

I should be trapping at least ~122mph with my mods in sig at 515/520 SAE correct?

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
When are you going to show your Z some love. 2 of 3 of your rides are modded.

Users who are viewing this thread