Hitch

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'd say no for a direct bolt on. The frame is different. You might be able to "make" it work with re-drilling if the frames are the same widths.

ecoastkid

Established Member
Just to clarify something on this.

I checked drawtight and uhaul and both confirmed that their hitches fit any model of f150 (97-03 and 04 heritage) from short bed 2wd to screw 4wd....Uhual even listed the lightning specifically.

From that, i'm going to take a guess that I can sell my stock lightning one to anyone with those year f150's.

I pretty sure 78413 was the number on uhauls site for the rollpan hitch...

Last edited:

Spunkie202

Established Member
how exactly does it work with a roll pan it...do you remove your license plate when you want to tow?

LSUstang05

Established Member
I don't know about most of you, but there is no way in hell I'm driving my truck around on that dumpy ass spare. Even if I'm in the middle of nowhere. I'd rather call up AAA and have them tow me somewhere to get a cheapo tire until I was able to get home.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I don't know about most of you, but there is no way in hell I'm driving my truck around on that dumpy ass spare. Even if I'm in the middle of nowhere. I'd rather call up AAA and have them tow me somewhere to get a cheapo tire until I was able to get home.

depends...if I'm traveling more then 100 or so miles...then I'll slap it on. other then that it sits in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread