HKS TT Supra vs 03 KB Cobra

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Nice car and good job on killing the Supra.....if i get an 03 or forge mine, I can't wait to feel the kick when I punch it with 550+ torque moving me...for now just saving money

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
eaton - how much boost were you running? 17psi?

Great race too, this is the first KB cobra vs upgraded turbo supra video I have seen.

raiders03

Banned
I was running the KB 17psi setup. Gauge shows a little over that though. I think KB under under rates their set ups .

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by dscraggs
So thats what happens when a KB Cobra jumps on a Ungraded turbo Supra? Maby we should post this on the supra forum.

LOL, can't read?

The Supra isn’t running like it should right now, the cars supposed to make 680rwhp at 22psi untuned but the car wouldn’t make over 17-19psi?
The transmission is now having problems (wont shift into gears past 2nd?) on our last run it wouldn’t go into 3rd and that was the end of our races.

It's on supraforums too btw.. If that car is making 680@22psi then the KB cobra will have a bad day if he gets it fixed and runs 30psi..

scraggsds

Originally posted by cpdaddy35
LOL, can't read?

The Supra isn’t running like it should right now, the cars supposed to make 680rwhp at 22psi untuned but the car wouldn’t make over 17-19psi?
The transmission is now having problems (wont shift into gears past 2nd?) on our last run it wouldn’t go into 3rd and that was the end of our races.

It's on supraforums too btw.. If that car is making 680@22psi then the KB cobra will have a bad day if he gets it fixed and runs 30psi..

Oh im sorry "IT SUPOSED TO MAKE 680 RWHP" Well shit, my 5.0 must be running wrong b/c "ITS SUPOSED TO MAKE 720 RWHP and 648FTLBS @ 25 PSI" Guess I got my flip chip clipped the wrong way. :shrug: :shrug:

Either way :beer: to the Cobra.

WICKED SS

Established Member
we are hoping for a rematch soon. My friend just bought the supra and it did make 680rwhp at 22 psi untuned. The car is not running anywhere near it should. I already posted it on SF
Eaton's cobra is pretty fast and when the supra is running right with 22 psi I still think it will be a close race!

:coolman:

this was the first time my friend raced the car on higher boost and race gas so we all thought the car was making around 650-680rwhp. We found out after racing it wasnt :shrug:

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
cpdaddy - but don't forget the cobra is also running 17psi, but not with a turbo. With a twin screw style supercharger. If the cobra was running a turbo kit with 17psi he would have a lot more hp. (pro turbo made 500rwhp on 9psi).

But, woulda coulda shoulda. It's run what you brung. Just remember that once turbo kits become more popular for the 03 cobra, and once some bigger 2.4KB cars get out there, they 03cobra will be going much faster.

I guess what I am saying is, just for once someone can admit that an 03cobra can beat a single turbo supra? :shrug:

It all depends on who has more mods. . .if that supra was running better, it might have won. But if that cobra was running 19psi, or if he had a turbo he would win again.

I just dont think we should argue about it. Too many times I have seen a 600+rwhp supra vs a stock blower 450rwhp cobra. And everyone bashes the cobra? :shrug: The supra and cobra are both awsome cars!

Last edited:

raiders03

Banned
The Supra was not running right. Obviously it was not making 680RWHP.

WICKED SS / 5.7. Will you post the vid of the Supra Racing the 400RWHP Camaro? Just for comparison. The Supra ran really stout this race.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
I wil try to get a vid posted of a Supra walking a moded 03. It's a t the track the 03 runs an 11.1xx and the supra runs a 10.3. The supra is a daily daily driver to. He ditched the twins and went with a big single and he's making 77x at the rears. I'll get his dyno graph if someone wants to post it.

Blake

jasil

Established Member
I have yet to see a real video featuring a even moderately sized single turbo supra vs a KB, PC, or Whipple cobra. All I know is go look how many supras are pushing 650-750rwhp on T04R.com or supraforums.com and look at the times.

Most are trapping 130-140. A strong running KB, Whipple, or PC will trap 128-130 on pump, but will have gobs more torque. From a slow roll it would be a good race.

It's obvious the supra wasn't running right, so who cares. It's like a KB cobra loosing because he had helacious belt slip. Everyone would scream rematch.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
DEFinate rematch!!! No exxcuses, just race for the pride of each car.

(ps: cobra- kick his a**, seabass.)

Users who are viewing this thread