Hmm, yucky times at LACR tonight

XtraVenom03

Established Member
God, I just was horrible at the track. I don't hook up for crap. 2.4 60ft and 13.3 @112. Pretty sad.....my best was 13.2 @ 108. Need to learn to drive this car and get some drags.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I know no one likes to have those times myself included, but in all fairness you probably were not the only one who had traction problems. Therefore it is all relative. You were still kicking some booty out there weren't you?

:beer:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Just about the only way to get any traction at LACR is with an off idle launch. Even though Mr. wheel hop will occasionaly show up. My best times' are with DRs' otherwise 13.3-13.5 are the norm for a stock '03. Mine are trashed and hope to track down some new ones tomorrow in time for the friday night race if not I'll sit out until next week. I'm kind of tired of embarasing mself on the stock tires.:burnout:

sonicblu03

Established Member
Hey guys, don't feel so bad. Went to the local track here Saturday...best was 13.9 @ 109mph, 60ft 2.56 :gt:

Need to learn how to launch and I think I can pull of a high 12 with street tires. All I can do is get better by keep trying. :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by XtraVenom03
God, I just was horrible at the track. I don't hook up for crap. 2.4 60ft and 13.3 @112. Pretty sad.....my best was 13.2 @ 108. Need to learn to drive this car and get some drags.
Crappy track, what's the elevation?...but a 112 trap...AWESOME!

XtraVenom03

Established Member
as you can tell in my sig.......my car isn't stock. I think if I had less power I'd probably hook up better. I should just take off in 2nd. Anyway, I looked at your 13.0 run and you were only at 102. I hit 112 yesterday and thats not a corrected time. I know this car will hit 12s up there with tract.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Try launching from about 1500 RPM and either easing into the throttle or slipping the clutch until you hit about 30 MPH.

My times were 13.2-13.4 until I tried this launch. Best was 12.9 at 111.3 with the minimal wheelspin approach with a 2.05 60'.

I've since got 3 dyno runs where the driver punched it from idle. In all 3 runs the torque shoots up to just over 400 lb ft before the EEC cuts back some timing (and about 50 lb ft of torque with it). That torque spike seems to equal flaming tires with a standard drag launch. On the runs where the driver eased into the throttle the torque built quite a bit slower up to 2500 RPM, but there was no spike.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
XtraVenom03

Except for the headers, I have basically the same mods you have. Ive run a best of 12.82 and 112.3 at LACR. Thats with spinning and hopping the Nittos thru first and into second (2.25 60'). LACR never preps the track for grudge night. It's always slick and bumpy. It's probably going to take slicks to run low 12s there with the IRS.

Blue03Cobra
LACR elevation is 2710'

Users who are viewing this thread