• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Holley (to merge with Empower) acquires all assets of AEM Performance Electronics

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Weather Man, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

Holley (to merge with Empower) acquires all assets of AEM Performance Electronics for $52M
    • Holley, the largest and fastest growing platform for performance automotive enthusiasts, acquired substantially all of the assets of Advanced Engine Management (AEM), a leading developer and supplier of electronic control and monitoring systems for performance automotive applications.
    • Holley acquired AEM for $52M and expects AEM to contribute 2021 pro forma sales of $26M.
    • Recently, AEM also launched an electronic control system that supports the conversion of vehicles originally equipped with internal combustion engines to electric power.
    • "We're especially charged-up about leveraging our combined expertise in electronics to more rapidly deploy the AEM EV line of electronic control solutions for enthusiasts of EV Conversions," AEM President Greg Neuwirth commented.
    • Earlier, Holley announced an agreement to become a public company through a business combination with SPAC Empower (NYSE:EMPW); Holley's majority shareholder is Sentinel Capital Partners.

2. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Holley straight up has purchased nearly all of its major competitors. Zero exagerations there. I'm surprised they havent bought Edelbrock yet either.

3. bluebosss197

bluebosss197 Salami snackbar! Established Member

So long as Holley helps fight EPA strongarm legislation, they have my support.

Blkkbgt, RedVenom48 and CobraSam like this.
  4. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

I wouldn't be surprised to see a merger eventually. It's all private equity money.

RedVenom48 likes this.
  5. P49Y-CY

P49Y-CY fomoco, mofo Established Member

This month's issue of Fastest Street Car magazine said that although Edelbrock was bought out in 2010, it just merged with the Comp Perfomance Group (Comp Cams) and will now be sharing their headquarters in Mississippi with Comp Cams, TCI, FAST, and Russell.