Holley Upper and Lower on 5.0

Novice

Established Member
I came across a nice Holley upper and lower manifold. I understand it has a shit load of airflow and was wondering if I can put it on my motor.
I currently have 24 lb injectors, E303 cam,185 afr heads, 75 mm throttle body with calibrated mass air according to injectors. Would I be losing Horses because bigger is not always better? Im thinking there will be a conflict of interest with such a big upper and lower. I wanna dyno it anyway just to see the numbers anyway. What say you?

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
all-in-all it is one of the best intakes on the market. I say dont think twice put it on.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
The holley is a great intake, but the cam does not compliment the heads or intake very well at all. I would ramp up with a nice custom cam thats more aggressive and you will have a lot more fun. I went pretty wild with my custom and it's daily driveable still even for being untuned. Just not an ideal car to drive, you have to learn it. If I could get the dough to tune her though we'd be ready to rock.

Novice

Established Member
Well I already have 1.7 Rocker's so my e303 is pretty much lifting into the B Series. I don't like the chopping noise of an aggressive cam. My car is a daily driver and I already get alot of attention with my Straight Piping. I'm going with a SCT chip with a nice tune. It will be awhile until I get the funds though....I got quoted $300 for the chip and $130 an hour to for the dyno tunning. Tech told me it will probably take 2 hours =( . The upper and lower Intake would complete my upper build on my 302. I can't wait...just didn't think it would be costly...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread