Holy Crap! My next car may be a Benz!

cthunder

Established Member
Jeebusss... I just saw the new C class comercial for the C63 AMG and am seriously thinking about selling one of my lungs on the black market to get one! 450 HP! Take that BMW 335! I need to go change my shorts now, but not without a parting shot:
112_0709_01l+2008_mercedes_benz_c63_AMG+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
take that 335i?

uh, they are kind of in different price ranges there ace. Try, take that M3, which has 414, is pretty close in acceleration, and will hand the C63 its ass in some turns.

The c63 is a streetlight brawler, but the interior is cheezy for over 60k. MB should have done better in that regard.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the new M3 is pure sex i was drooling when i saw it, and on that note the new 135 isn't so bad looking either. I think all MB cars are nice just sometimes you can notice poor quality in some aspect.

cthunder

Established Member
take that 335i?

uh, they are kind of in different price ranges there ace. Try, take that M3, which has 414, is pretty close in acceleration, and will hand the C63 its ass in some turns.

The c63 is a streetlight brawler, but the interior is cheezy for over 60k. MB should have done better in that regard.

the 335 can easily be tuned to surpass the E92 M3.

There have also been numerous reports that the C63 AMG will smoke the M3 in every category, including the twisties. AMG took this car to another level modifying just about everything over the current C series. The engine is lower, the whole front has benn worked over, as well as the suspension... BMW has something to fear now.

cthunder

Established Member
wait for the caddy.

bigger car, more power(550hp), choice of stick or auto(c63 only comes in auto), for the same price!

You said it right there... bigger car. The C63 comes with a auto, but it comes with F1 style paddle shifters and 7 gears that has gotten nothing short of rave reviews. They have said that the manual mode is sick, but the auto mode is straight crazy! Plus, because it's a caddy, the resale value will take a HUGE hit in 5-10 years.

Common

Established Member
Raw power but allegedly, to many testers, M3 beats it in handling and the overall feel of the car.

Make no mistake, I would take it over the M3, but it's a tough call.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
You said it right there... bigger car. The C63 comes with a auto, but it comes with F1 style paddle shifters and 7 gears that has gotten nothing short of rave reviews. They have said that the manual mode is sick, but the auto mode is straight crazy! Plus, because it's a caddy, the resale value will take a HUGE hit in 5-10 years.

yes, it's a caddy...that will destroy that car in every way for less money.

l8nightsvt

Established Member
take that 335i?

MB interior quality >>> BMW interior quality IMHO

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Raw power but allegedly, to many testers, M3 beats it in handling and the overall feel of the car.

Make no mistake, I would take it over the M3, but it's a tough call.

Taken from Edmunds:

While its engine continues to provide heady levels of high-speed entertainment, the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG manages to offer much more than pure straight-line speed.

In outright dynamic finesse, the C63 is a far more attractive proposition than the old C55. Indeed, we'd say this car is superior to any other regular Mercedes-Benz model. There's true precision in the way it goes about its business. What's more, it delivers the sort of response you just don't expect from a Mercedes-Benz. In this respect, it is very much a standout.

The big question now is, can the C63 AMG properly challenge the new M3? By week's end we'll be able to give you a subjective assessment, but the real answer will have to wait until later this year when we get a chance to put the two up against each other in anger.

Most of the reviews I've read has said similar things. It handles much better than previous AMG models, and is .3 seconds faster 0-60 than the M3.

Common

Established Member
yes, it's a caddy...that will destroy that car in every way for less money.

Assumption. You rarely do this. How can you vouch so much for a car that is NOT on the road yet?

And CTS-v will be low 60s easily, maybe even higher.

EB233HWT

Established Member
the 335 can easily be tuned to surpass the E92 M3.

There have also been numerous reports that the C63 AMG will smoke the M3 in every category, including the twisties. AMG took this car to another level modifying just about everything over the current C series. The engine is lower, the whole front has benn worked over, as well as the suspension... BMW has something to fear now.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=CCg5iMKAc0Y"]YouTube - Mercedes Benz C63 AMG vs. BMW M3[/ame]
the real testing starts at about 6:40.
Enjoy

EB233HWT

Established Member
or if you prefer top gear
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=__ghLE7QtnA&feature=related"]YouTube - Top Gear: Audi RS4 Vs. C63 Amg Vs. BMW M3[/ame]

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Part 2 of Top Gear:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5nzEax87lw&feature=related"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5nzEax87lw&feature=related[/ame]

cthunder

Established Member
Please post up something else besides Top Gear... they're the most biased program, they're more biased than Fox News. Clearly because the old fart cant drive makes it a worse car? Drifting is far faster going through corners, and he had him till he lost control. Yes the M3 is more nimble, but put a potent driver behind each, and there will undoubtedly be a different result. the C63 is a beast, plain and simple. BMW always out does everything in their engines, leaving very little gains possible w/o FI or spray, while MB usually leaves a lot left on the table for tuners. Pound for pound, I'll take the C63 over the M3.

EB233HWT

Established Member
Please post up something else besides Top Gear... they're the most biased program, they're more biased than Fox News. Clearly because the old fart cant drive makes it a worse car? Drifting is far faster going through corners, and he had him till he lost control. Yes the M3 is more nimble, but put a potent driver behind each, and there will undoubtedly be a different result. the C63 is a beast, plain and simple. BMW always out does everything in their engines, leaving very little gains possible w/o FI or spray, while MB usually leaves a lot left on the table for tuners. Pound for pound, I'll take the C63 over the M3.
if you want something left on the table ill take the 335i, simple procede chip with no supporting mods gives you a substancial increase in horsepower, and i believe it allows the car to run in the 11sec range in the quater. Also if you look at fifth gear Tiff Nedell was driving the AMG. He used to be a formula 1 driver so in the first video i posted, The benz had the driver mod.....

and was still behind the bimmer

Users who are viewing this thread