Home made monoblade TB (well not really HOME made...)

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Well hey now that I know how to post pics, here are a couple pics of the mono blade TB that I made. First pic is the solid model, I designed it using Mastercam, and machined it out of T-6 aluminum on a Haas CNC mill. If you couldn't already guess, I'm a machinest with some engineering background. (the JD performance engineering is me, Jason Douglas... Not really a company, but looks cool)

Jason

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
make one for my dad's lightning and i'll tell you how it works LOL.....Good skills by the way. Still drooling over the true dual exhaust.

95riosnake

Established Member
Wow that looks really porfessional! If I were to look under the hood and see that, I'd probably be searching that night online for JD Performance :thumbsup:

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
I've only used mastercam and Autocad. Mastercam is one of the best CAD/CAM programs out there, IMO. If you want to design the part and then actually make/machine it, Mastercam is great.

Jason

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i love mastercam great program used it in highschool. makes all your whole program for you just desgin the part. nice job too look awsome i wish i had the accessiblity to a machince shop like that. i worked in a small for a co-op and didn't really do much.
-Tim

02StanGT

Established Member
Hey Jason I know you! I worked at sears for a while with your buddy Mike. I knew you before you had that and you owned that SHO. Is that rainbow bug still running?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn that is sweet! You are a master! I'm a junior ME at Maryland and I soooo want to be able to do stuff like that. This school hardly teaches any CAD stuff and it pisses me off to no end. My cousin is certified on Pro/E and he can design pretty much anything. Makes me so jealous cuz I wanna be able to design like that after seeing him do it for so many years (hes only like 35 and has been doing it for at least 10 years).

1meanmach

Established Member
sunburned said:
Damn that is sweet! You are a master! I'm a junior ME at Maryland and I soooo want to be able to do stuff like that. This school hardly teaches any CAD stuff and it pisses me off to no end. My cousin is certified on Pro/E and he can design pretty much anything. Makes me so jealous cuz I wanna be able to design like that after seeing him do it for so many years (hes only like 35 and has been doing it for at least 10 years).

hey man just hang in there you will get there you should buy a student copy of autocad or any 3d program their all the same and teach your self

Users who are viewing this thread