Home Theater Experts, Need HDTV Help!

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
So I got comcast digital cable installed @ my house a few weeks ago, but I received these POS cable boxes which don't support HDTV:
large

If I run out and pickup one of these HDTV boxes (link below) to replace my Motorola, will it allow me to watch HD programming? This is probably a dumb question, but I wanted to be sure because the product details continually reference hooking this box to an external antennae. :shrug:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...64855/catOid/-12889/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

MNFord

Established Member
um, you're probably going to have to talk to your cable provider to A. get a HD box, and B. Pay for HD programming

tvguy

todd4566 said:
So I got comcast digital cable installed @ my house a few weeks ago, but I received these POS cable boxes which don't support HDTV:
large

If I run out and pickup one of these HDTV boxes (link below) to replace my Motorola, will it allow me to watch HD programming? This is probably a dumb question, but I wanted to be sure because the product details continually reference hooking this box to an external antennae. :shrug:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...64855/catOid/-12889/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

IF you're TV doesn't have an ATSC built in tuner, then yes, that turner will indeed allow you to watch HDTV programming on your tv. Only OTA signals though. It has zero to do with your cable programming. As the above poster said, check with your cable company. I'm sure they have HD packages. You'll pay more, but definitely worth it. I suggest either satellite provider over cable. Luckily you realize you're not watching HD from your cable company. It's happening by the thousands these days, people buying HDTV's and not getting HD programming to compliment their TV purchase. Thinking they are though. Ouch.
PACOTACO

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Comcast has HD boxes available. I have one. Get the comcast DVR box while you are at it, you will not regret it!!

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
pacotaco said:
IF you're TV doesn't have an ATSC built in tuner, then yes, that turner will indeed allow you to watch HDTV programming on your tv.

Yup - I have an HD-Ready 57", and I'd like to see some HD baseball. I guess I'll pickup the box after work and see how it goes. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread