Home Theater Picture ( Question )

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
Doesn't look right when your speaker setup is bigger then your screen/TV. Lose the racks and get a projector & screen

/thread

laruei

Established Member
A bluray in your PC.

It would be time consuming... i may reccomend *cough* the pirate bay if you will ;)

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Attach it to the PC or Laptop and just copy the blue ray to that hard drive.

I can PM you my number and walk you thru it.:beer:

hoamskilet

Established Member
You're gonna eat up a single hard drive in no time. Do yourself a favor and build yourself an Unraid server to put on your network and build yourself an HTPC to incorporate into your home theater. You can keep adding drives to your server till your heart's content. Cancel cable....pays for itself. :beer:

laruei

Established Member
If he's not sure how to copy a bluray to a HD I think they may be a bit over his head but still a good idea. And cancel cable but dont cancel interwebs!!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
You're gonna eat up a single hard drive in no time. Do yourself a favor and build yourself an Unraid server to put on your network and build yourself an HTPC to incorporate into your home theater. You can keep adding drives to your server till your heart's content. Cancel cable....pays for itself. :beer:

Indeed an awesome idea to have a movie server but I was giving him a good easy to do option too. That I will be doing soon myself:rockon::rockon:

hoamskilet

Established Member
Indeed an awesome idea to have a movie server but I was giving him a good easy to do option too. That I will be doing soon myself:rockon::rockon:

I feel ya. If I didn't have the server, I'd probably bare minimum get an external drive to throw my most watched movies on

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just trying to figure out what to do with 250+ blu-rays. That's why I bought the racks. Any ideas on what to do with um?
I put all of my DVD and blu-ray in slim Cd cases once I ripped them to my media server.

LSUstang05

Established Member
F that^ too slow just make a HTPC with a 12tb NAS.

What BR discs? ftw

That's what I'm doing. Just built a Hackintosh HTPC and am looking at building a NAS (with the FreeNAS software) over the next few months. Definitely a lot nicer than having to change a BR disc...and I also was able to get rid of cable TV and save $80 bucks a month :banana:

Pumpkinator

U.S. Army
Established Member
^^ to hell with the cat, NICE Picture!!!!! Ok, now back to what I was going to say...gotta focus.......

What are the dimensions of your room? I think you have way to many speakers, it is one thing to have an outstanding surround sound, it is another to have what many people have...."a loud sound" And if you can space them apart more, they are to close and you are going to cancel out the soundwaves......

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Throw them out and stream or use on-demand.

Not a chance in the world. Picture quality is not the best when streaming or on- demand. And the sound quality just sucks. You can't get DTS-Master Audio or True HD out of streaming/cable. That's not even an option

Users who are viewing this thread