Homemade Seat Mounts

MikeW

Established Member
Thanks I had rather have cloth too.. I may see if I can find them somewhere. I like the looks of that seat and the price is ok too :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Yup, that's them.

synkro-cloth2.jpg

They're not like a rock, but I call them "firm". It has foam (I'd say 3" to 4") over springs, not a hard shell. So in that reguard, they're sort-of a cross between a regular seat and a racing seat. I think they're fine for some open track useage. :thumbsup:
And the official approval from my wife? "They're a bit too firm, but not uncomfortable, for the average passanger". :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No, the Hudsucker (as I call them) sliders don't bolt right up to stock Mustang mounts. I bolted the Mustang sliders to the seats, instead. The bolt holes in the base of the seat are the correct width, but the distance fore to aft is shorter on the seat. I have bolt-in brackets to take care of that right now, they will be welded up shortly. And the logo is stiched in, so I don't think you could remove it.

But they seem to be well made, and I couldn't pass mine up at $200 (used) for the set. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread