Homestead-Miami Track day discount Nov 30, FARA 500 Road race Dec 1.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
(From Stangs of South Florida and Muscle Stangs of Miami site-invitation extended to all Mustang clubs/forum members and related track enthusiasts)

Okay Folks and Folkettes!

Our good friend and now FARA staff member Rene' (Fastduo) has successfully negotiated some nice discounts and opportunities for those who would like to get their feet wet at a performance driving academy.

November 30th is the next Academy at Homestead-Miami Speedway, which to me is one of the most fun, friendly and convenient local tracks. You get to really open your beast up in the back and front straights, and then pull G's that you never imagined your car could do, even in stock form.

At the next event they will be offering something new for those who want to give road course a try, but not exactly break the bank. For only $75.00 bucks you can go through a classroom instruction session, then a full session out on the road course with an instructor in your own car.

For those ready to go for the gusto we have another great special. The rate for the fully day HPDE Academy is normally $299.00. If I can get five sign ups-or if this is your first time with FARA it will drop $25.00 for the day. The nice part about racing at Homestead is the use of pit garages (first come, first serve). I am awaiting on confirmation that we can be guaranteed the spaces once we get them, as there was an issue on us vs. race cars at the last event. I will confirm that we have that resolved. Outside of that, it is a great place to bring family due to lots of great spectator spots and lots to see. In addition anybody who participates on Saturday gets up to 10 tickets for the FARA 500 race the following day. FARA puts on a fantastic, festival like event with food trucks, a car show, vendors, live bands, an MC and DJ's with upbeat music piped throughout the venue. This is no mundane track event. It is a specticle not to be missed.

Please post up if you have interest or any questions. Do not think that you need a full blown race setup and tires to try this. As long as your tires are in good shape, you have decent brake pads and a recommended brake bleed, you are good to go. If you have skills and think you will be running at a fast pace, then competition brake pads and high temp fluid are recommended.

If we have good participation the $75 test drive, I am sure we can make it a regular thing. We are looking at a pre-reg cut off on Nov 20th so we can make sure there are enough instructors for the test drive.

If you are interested you can sign up online at FARA | Formula & Automobile Racing Association
Make sure you write "Test Drive" in the comments section or "mustang club" if you sign up for the full day. That way the registrar will know what to charge you accordingly.

Please reply here with any questions or you can pm me as well.

Thank you and we would love to have you join us on Nov 30th and on Dec 1st to watch the season finally road race, the FARA 500.

Here are some photos from last month event. Use the drop down arrow on the right to see the rest.... PhotoReflect - PhotosByJuha.com

faraflyer.jpg

Last edited:

Sirl

Established Member
Will be heading down for this.
FARA puts on a good event, fun for the whole family, which is nice.

proudgeek

OCD
Established Member
That saturday is my youngest son's b-day and i won't be able to make it. If there is academy time sunday, i'll run. Otherwise, i'll be a mere spectator on sunday.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
That saturday is my youngest son's b-day and i won't be able to make it. If there is academy time sunday, i'll run. Otherwise, i'll be a mere spectator on sunday.

Normally it is two days except for this event. No PDA on Sunday this time. This is the FARA season fanally. The 500 takes the whole day.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
sorry for the misunderstanding, but its a $25 discount. There is no membership fee, plus I'll give you as many tickets that you want to Sunday's race. They are $25.00 value at the door each. You will have an absolute blast !

Btw. My sister lives in Indialantic. Live that little beach town!

Last edited:

NGO

Established Member
Thanks for the explanation. Wish I could swing it, I was about to ruin the kids Christmas. Indialantic is nice place to live and only 2 hrs from Sebring :)

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Bump. Let's get on out there guys! This event is shaping up to be awsome.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
important question. do the race cars run the banking at this event or the pit apron?

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
The racers use the banking at NASCAR 3-4. Are you coming to compete? It is a great race series and you are most welcome to join us.

Rene' Gomez

Users who are viewing this thread