honda s2000

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
im a previous svt owner ( 95 covert hard top cobra) anyway broke my back and couldnt workl and make my payments, so i sold it and recently sold my daily driver. now i need a car. i work with my dad and we have to drive over 100 miles a day. and i have to drive to class which is a good 30 mile trip so ive been looking at the s2000 and was wondering if anybody had some info on it like gas milage quater mile times and is modding expensive and do they last. (car seems kinda high strung) ohh and insurance good or bad. if anybody has any recomendation on some good looking good gas milage car please fill me in

Last edited:

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
I would go look for a honda s2000 board or something similar. Not trying to be an ass. I would suspect insurance would be higher then an srt-4 but lower then a cobra, they would get good gas mileage (4 cylinder)

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
2000 Honda S2000 5.5 14.2
2003 Honda S2000 6.3 14.9 (Manual)
2004 Honda S2000 5.8 14.2 (MT Mar '04)

as for gas I have no clue..sorry

Steeltwo

Established Member
gas mileage is crap, 11-1 compression or something.

i think they are 25 on the highway.

storage space is in short supply. A golf bag and a duffle bag is all it can fit.

performance parts. short of FI nothing helps.

titanium exhausts only create more sound and help with lowering the cars weight.

Thrust

Established Member
I don't think that this would be a good choice for a dd car. You might have to find something alittle more practical for what you need.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
The newer S2000's are capable of high 13's in the quarter mile if driven to potential. They feel like a motorbike on four wheels because they rev so high. When under duress they sound pretty good for a import.

bp03svt

Established Member
STi would be better for you if you're not going the stang route again. THey have more room, power, better handling, and are just cooler than S2000's. Plus they are AWD and you wouldn't have to worry about driving in the snow on your daily commute.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
S2000s don't do too well in crashes either. I looked at them for a while before deciding on the Lightning. Hell, a C5 vette gets better gas mileage than an S2000.

Users who are viewing this thread