Honda S2000

SvtCobra581

So i want to get your guys opinion on the Honda S2000. From what i here their pretty nice cars, and just saw that they were one of the most reliable. The one im looking at is a 01 with a supercharger with around 280rwhp. Im not looking for a track car or anything, just something with a little bit of power that i can have fun with, and still drive everyday.

The only thing i dont like about them is no rear seats:cuss: . Its not like i ever use the rear seats but i enjoy throwing my junk in the back:D

slow_evo

Established Member
Yes they are reliable cars but I'm sure just as with everyother car, the more power you make the more the scale starts tipping the other way.

The F20C has a very high CR (11.5:1) Not the best thing for FI IMO.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
secretary cars:fart:

What's the name of the Saturn Car? the two seater? you should wait for the redline version from Saturn.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
There ok, but for a new one, the price is way too high, plus unless your 5-9 below, probably uncomfortable. Other then that, 9000 rpm is sweet, and its looks pretty decent, although looks 10 times better as a hatchback.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
they have forged internals. You can get a thicker 3mm head gasket to lower the compression for FI.
There are a few around making 500+ rwhp on the stock long block. plenty making over 400rwhp. Not bad for a 2700lb roadster.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
They're fun as hell but if you're 6' or taller I wouldn't get one...the right springs and some other goodies will make it feel like a go kart tho :rockon:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I bought an 02 S2000 brand new(watched it roll off the delivery truck) traded it in on an 03 Cobra when it had 36,300 miles and the main computer went out on it.

very fun car to drive, and unless the secretary drives like Mario Andretti, it's NOT a secretary's car.. handling on it is better than a C5 Vette or any Mustang (maybe the 00 Cobra R has as good of handling) and it's acceleration is decent, about what a 96-98 Cobra will do and a tick slower than a 99 or 01 Cobra..

top speed with the top up is a little over 150, and the top down is about 140

I'm 5'11, 200 lbs and fit perfect into it..

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
handling on it is better than a C5 Vette or any Mustang (maybe the 00 Cobra R has as good of handling) and it's acceleration is decent, about what a 96-98 Cobra will do and a tick slower than a 99 or 01 Cobra..

better than a stang in handling....absolutely but a C5 vette??? i don't know about that.

a tick slower than a 99/01 Cobra? what do S2000s normally run bottom 14s??

Last edited:

SvtCobra581

Silver2003Cobra said:
I bought an 02 S2000 brand new(watched it roll off the delivery truck) traded it in on an 03 Cobra when it had 36,300 miles and the main computer went out on it.

very fun car to drive, and unless the secretary drives like Mario Andretti, it's NOT a secretary's car.. handling on it is better than a C5 Vette or any Mustang (maybe the 00 Cobra R has as good of handling) and it's acceleration is decent, about what a 96-98 Cobra will do and a tick slower than a 99 or 01 Cobra..

top speed with the top up is a little over 150, and the top down is about 140

I'm 5'11, 200 lbs and fit perfect into it..

thanks, i guess it would fit me perfectly then because i am 5'11 200 lbs

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
I prefer the torque of a V8 to a little stressed four that you have to get into high revs for the fun to start. I would put a supercharger on it and lower the compression. But why not just get a used Corvette?

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
sweet car. If done up right they are beastly sexy looking, and can be faster than a bat outta hell. Seen a few s2000s in the 12s over the summer.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
I had one for 3 weeks till it ran off the road in the rain going below the speed limit around a turn...:eek:
I guess it lost traction cause it was so light :shrug:

Other than that it was a great car. Fun to drive, great MPG and they resale pretty high....

Users who are viewing this thread