Honda "Ultra Flange II" is GREAT at stoping differential leaks

Romans8:28

Established Member
Like the title says!

I had a small leak along the bottom of my differential cover (btw I have had a BF brace on for two years). I did not like the idea of Ford making it worse, so I tried tightening the bolting with no success. I figured I had nothing to lose by attempting to stop the leak from the outside, before I drop the rear and re-seal.

Anyway long story short I purchased a can of Ultra Flange II from a Honda dealer, cleaned off the leak residue completely and then applied a bead about two inches long at the seem along the bottom of the diff cover and housing. I spread out the bead with my finger to "cover" the entire area that was leaking/seeping.

After a few weeks of both normal and spirited driving I am happy to report no sign of any leak what so ever! This stuff sets up into on of the strongest, well adhering RTV type product that I have ever seen.

I had read a post from here (2005 I think) were a guy had mentioned that he had used it and had not leaked again in more than 8 months, so I figured that I would try it, and boy am I glad that I did :rockon:

I figured I would make a new thread to alert all the "newer" guys to this possible (easy) fix........ it may be a "band-aid" but hey it works!

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
is it grey?

wonder if it's the same as Ford TA-31/Permatex Ultra-Grey (best RTV to-date..)

how much does it cost??

Last edited:

Romans8:28

Established Member
JB said:
is it grey?

wonder if it's the same as Ford TA-31/Permatex Ultra-Grey (best RTV to-date..)

how much does it cost??

It is grey and expensive....... $18.00 for a 4 oz can were I bought it (Honda car dealer)...... funny thing is that the can dispenses like cheese wiz, you push the nozzle to the side and it comes flying out.

I can't get over how well it adheres to things... its almost impossible to pull of something once it dries

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I call the grey stuff Elephant Snot :lol1:

it's tough, yet flexible

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread