Hood Blanket Mod

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Postban... I love the mod to the hood blanket to expose the vents, but my question is: what are the chances this may damage the paint on the hood from engine heat? Any other drawbacks anyone can think of?

Just looking for opinions... unless someone has spoken to SVT on this... in which case what did they say???

Thanks guys...

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
Postban... I love the mod to the hood blanket to expose the vents, but my question is: what are the chances this may damage the paint on the hood from engine heat? Any other drawbacks anyone can think of?

Just looking for opinions... unless someone has spoken to SVT on this... in which case what did they say???

Thanks guys...

I would not bother SVT with this - logic would suggest that since you are actually helping vent heat out from under the hood, it would be a benefit. Plus, the heat radiating from the engine is probably not signifcantly higher than what a dark car in 100 degree sunny daywoiuld produce, and the paints are quite durable these days. The blanket is there as much to keep noise down, both externally and inside the car, and to keep RFI from polluting radio reception as any need to protect the paint.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
hey postban.. when u get this.. will u tell me where you bought the rubber piece around the fresh cuts on the blanket? thx dude
sky

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Re: Re: Hood Blanket Mod

Originally posted by Cobra'03

I would not bother SVT with this - logic would suggest that since you are actually helping vent heat out from under the hood, it would be a benefit. Plus, the heat radiating from the engine is probably not signifcantly higher than what a dark car in 100 degree sunny daywoiuld produce, and the paints are quite durable these days. The blanket is there as much to keep noise down, both externally and inside the car, and to keep RFI from polluting radio reception as any need to protect the paint.

That makes sense... plus, I just took another look at the pictures again (my car is due in early August) - there are already slits where the vents are... so my guess is that making them bigger wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Thanks for the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread