Hood dimples

Para

Established Member
I recently purchased a 2003 Cobra coupe. I noticed that I have two very slight depressions or dimples on the right and left side of the hood where the bulge slopes down. These are directly opposite each other. You can only see them at a certain angle. Since my car is black, it shows every imperfection. My question concerns whether anyone else has noticed this on their hoods.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I have one, it's not in the scoops though, it's in between. It's not centered or anything. I'm the only one who's noticed it. I saw it taking off wax. I'd guess with black, it'd be more obvious. Depends on how much of a depression it is too.

Para

Established Member
I noticed it because it is in my direct line of sight, especially when the car is washed and waxed. I would have to point it out to others, who then could make it out. If you run your finger over it, you can't feel anything. It's like a slight door ding that you can only see at a certain angle and in a certain light. I'm wondering if this is somewhat common because the hood is composite plastic and may have slight imperfections when it comes out of the mold. I am not sure if it is worth it to break the factory paint and get it fixed.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Para
I'm wondering if this is somewhat common because the hood is composite plastic and may have slight imperfections when it comes out of the mold. I am not sure if it is worth it to break the factory paint and get it fixed.

My thoughts exactly.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I would assume it is comon on composite hoods. Dimples are better than bubbles. Mine has at least two dimples that Ive found.

Users who are viewing this thread