hood mod, what size flex trim?

Brad

Banned
I think taking the heat sheild off looks alot cleaner to be honest. If you're lucky and you're one of the people like myself who has the underside of your hood painted and finished hitting it with some nice wax makes for extra points at a car show. My buddy pulled his off and it was just primer color under there.:rollseyes

bluntman

Established Member
when you get your flex trim and if you have any left overs (i think they sell it in 25' sections) I'll give you a few bucks for a few feet if youre interested...

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I used Rubatex Adhesive Insulation, 1/8" x 2" Just did this mod yesterday & I had some of this stuff in the garage. It is the stuff that is in Postban's write up on this mod in his sig.

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I tried the rubatex and it didn't stick that well after the car got really hot. started peeling off and looked like shit.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Mine started to peel after I took it out for a spin. I pressed the seal real good & let it sit overnight. So I can expect it to still peel after being on there for a while? Whenever it gets hot it'll want to peel off? Is this what happened to you or did you pull it off right away?

Also did the rubatex leave any residue that was hard to get off?

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I peeled the rubatex off right away and yes it left a residue. You can see the mark it left on my hood blanket in the picture. I will take the hood blanket off again and hit it with some high temp paint again. The high temp paint worked great for the water spots I had.
P1010160.jpg

Last edited:

Established Member
Feeling kinda stupid here but what the hell you guys talking bout? Is this the hood mod? If so I need to know y ford put that blanket there and what needs to be done. Thanks fellas.

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I posted a picture for everyone to see. Hood Mod lets all that engine heat go right out those big open holes. If you park the car and walk away you can see the heat just rising out of the holes

Established Member
Are you guys just cutting the hood blanket? And what are you guys doing with the shield on the vents?

Last edited:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Here's a couple of pics

3256-5654-89683.jpg

3256-5654-89686.jpg

Time will tell with the stuff I used I guess.

EDIT: I just folder the plastic flaps underneith the hood blanket. I didn't want to cut them off. I took the blanket off to trim it, used a razor blade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread