Hood underside is painted!

smokedbystang

Established Member
I took off my hood blanket last night and the underside of the hood is painted. With a little cleaning it will look great.
I am going to keep it off. Anyone else take theirs off for good? Any downsides to this? Any problems in rain with the vent flaps open?:D

dolphinron

Established Member
I took mine off plus plastic flaps also, and I am hoping it helps with cooling here in the desert.
It doesn't rain here but once I took it through a car wash and the engine was steaming up from water shot in there. Went away after a few minutes.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny, most of those I've seen were painted but not finished like the rest of the engine bay. Was yours finished, or are you saying you will need to finish it?

smokedbystang

Established Member
The underside is finished. It is a nice gloss black. No tape, no grease markings. I was shocked to see it that way. It just needs some cleaning to get off the water marks and dirt.

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
Mine is painted, but it looks pretty ragged. I took the blanket off though...no problems after more than a year. I also took the flaps off. When it rains, a little water gets in, but not nearly as much as I would have thought. I pop the hood and clean under there weekly...seen nothing wrong...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by smokedbystang
The underside is finished. It is a nice gloss black. No tape, no grease markings. I was shocked to see it that way. It just needs some cleaning to get off the water marks and dirt.
Wow! That is great. I wonder if they started finished the underside of the hood after complaints from buyers. Seems strange that some would be finished and others not. Anyone have an '04 that is not finished? :??:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I have a pretty early build date and the underside of my hood looks great....after I Zainoed the whole thing, it looked just like the exterior. I did the hood mod with flex trim and put the blanket back on but I'm happy to have some options.......

Users who are viewing this thread