Hood underside repainted under warranty

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
FWIW There has been alot of discussion on this.

After doing the hood mod 15 months ago. I have no problems. The flex trim is just fine. When I was doing the install, I noticed the cheap quality on the underside and the leftover tape. In addition, this weekend I noticed that the liner is rubbing the paint off in different areas!!!

I decided that I am going to keep the blanket off all together, so I brought the car to the dealer and they are going to repaint it under warranty. They are calling it a "factory defect".

So know I will have a nice finish under there for the upcoming car shows this summer.

:beer:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Dude! Email me with what SVT dealership doing this for you, puhleeze!

Mine isnt painted in center at all. Might rub a bit off myself and bring it to them :)

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
They are just doing the underside correct? This doesn't require them to touch the painted side already right?

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by Benaa
Dude! Email me with what SVT dealership doing this for you, puhleeze!

Mine isnt painted in center at all. Might rub a bit off myself and bring it to them :)

Veterans Ford. I know the asst. Body Shop and Service managers. Tell then you know me if you call. Body shop is Tracy, Service is Debbie. They hooked up a few people on this board.

Orange Poison

Established Member
I don't man....everytime you take your car in for something like that.....they (dealership ends up f&*king something else up. Seriously.

Orange Poison

Established Member
I don't man....everytime you take your car in for something like that.....they (dealership) ends up f&*king something else up. Seriously.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
I don't man....everytime you take your car in for something like that.....they (dealership) ends up f&*king something else up. Seriously.

That should not happen here. As I said in a previous thread, I had them write down the mileage and when I picked up the car it had 3\10's more on it.

Needless to say, I did not have another 60 mile "test drive" on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread