Hood vent question?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
grey03svt said:
TTT

I just stumbled on this thread. Them vents are BADA$$!!! Cant wait til they are available!!!

Which color would go good with DSG??? :banana: :banana: :thumbsup:

Depends on your other accents. I'm doing black, but if you did chrome accents, then the polished would look better. Choose what works with your app. Either way, they'll look awesome :D

Glfbaluhwakrguy

03 SB Cobra
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Doug puts his pants on one leg at a time, except, once his pants are on - he fires up the CNC machine and takes our money..

:beer:

I gotta have more billetcrack.. baby! Before Dougs done over there, they're all going to be wearing gold plated diapers!

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
grey03svt said:
TTT

I just stumbled on this thread. Them vents are BADA$$!!! Cant wait til they are available!!!

Which color would go good with DSG??? :banana: :banana: :thumbsup:

Black for me. Maybe gunmetal if there's something like it.

frankin

Established Member
They would look good. Hmmm I will have to get another mod to offset the weight gain of the metal. Maybe add something for 50 hp or so gain..ha...ha...

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
I already designed a bracket and mounted 2 fans in each side of my hood vents, but I got all kinds of flack on here about how useless of a mod it was.

I personally think it helped my under hood temps some, especially when driving in traffic and at lower speeds. I never made any claims of increased horsepower.

I also took a bunch of flack about how I was blocking air flow by putting fans in there, but if anyone had bothered to look at my design closer they would have seen that I didn't seal the fans in the vent completely and any overpressure could easily pass out between the bracket and the vent just like the gap between the vent and the stock hood vent flap.

The fans I used were not weather proof and I had them on for almost 1 year and never removed them during rain or washing the car and did not have any failures, They were an 80 MM Fan that moved about 50 CFM each and I had 2 mounted in each vent, that's 200 CFM of air flow. I've had to remove them thou now because I put an Aluminum IC Tank in and there isnt enough clearance for my original design for the hood to shut. Maybe with some modification and some low profile fans it could be made to work again.

VentInstall.jpg

HoodVent.jpg

VentCloseup.jpg
Hey that looks really good, I want the hood vents too!

beabout

Established Member
Mr. Doug... Please tell me these things are coming to market sooner rather than later... :-D

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am torn between Black and Clear (silver). I think that black would go better with the direction I have gone with my cobra so far. But damn the blingy silver is sick. :rockon:

-Jeff

dougwg

Established Member
they are being finished up right now

then off to the anodizer

I think we need to do pre-orders on these

hang tight and I will have more info within the next couple days

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
dougwg said:
they are being finished up right now

then off to the anodizer

I think we need to do pre-orders on these

hang tight and I will have more info within the next couple days

Now this is the kind of info we want to hear.

I am definitely on the pre-order list for sure. :thumbsup:

Keep chugging away Doug... :beer:

THC

mystic04

Established Member
ok guy's i need help on the vents on color to get being i have a mystichrome you think black or chrome would look best feel free to add your 2 cents.

beabout

Established Member
Mr. Doug, you are the man, put me down for set of them puppies....

Last edited by a moderator:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
mystic04 said:
ok guy's i need help on the vents on color to get being i have a mystichrome you think black or chrome would look best feel free to add your 2 cents.

I think chrome if you still have the factory chrome rims. That is what I am going to get for my Mystichrome.

Hey Doug. Put me down for a set of Chrome ones.

THANKS.

Users who are viewing this thread